Synchronize Settings

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
meisterpropper
Synchronize Settings

Post by meisterpropper »

Hi,

I´ve to manage 4 ProppFrexx instances and we´ve discussed about the possibilty to have a common settings pool not to change the single settings manually. I know, that your answer was, that I could transfer the settings files from the Appdata folder.

But perhaps it´s possible to get a comfortable way: Could it be possible to store the settings central (at Webserver, NAS), so that PFOA can synchronize? Perhaps with a settings dialog, in which you can set the central folder?
But what would be very nice: a choice box, with which you can select the single setting topics, which should be synchronized.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Synchronize Settings

Post by radio42 »

I'll put this onto the WishList!
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

Thanks!
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I vote for that!
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new ProppFrexx ONAIR command-line option "-globalconfig <path>" has been added to v3.0.11.20.
This will in most cases solve the above requirement.
Further optimizations and enhancements might follow in the next releases.

Note: you must add this option to your command-line argumant when starting ProppFrexx ONAIR in order to be effective.

This option defines the location (relative to the executable location or as an absolute path) to certain global configuration files. Namely:
  • Additional Media Libraries (file ProppFrexx ONAIR.medialibs)
  • Additional Cardwall Libraries (file ProppFrexx ONAIR.cardwalllibs)
  • Additional Script Libraries (file ProppFrexx ONAIR.scriptlibs)
  • Global Message Center Messages (file ProppFrexx ONAIR.messages)
  • Mixing configuration (file ProppFrexx ONAIR.mixing)
By default ProppFrexx ONAIR stores the above mentioned configuration files in the standard configuration directory (which might be either the default Application User Data Folder or the configuration directory as defined by the "-config" command-line option, see above).
By using this command-line option you can enforce ProppFrexx ONAIR to retrieve and store the above mentioned configuration files at the given path location. This might for example be useful, if you want to share a global and common configuration of your libraries and mixing settings for different ProppFrexx instances (e.g. installed on different machines within a network) at a single central location.
When doing so, be careful with making changes to these global config files, as different ProppFrexx instances might overwrite each others changes. To prevent such scenario, make sure to use a single dedicated ProppFrexx instance for making changes to your library collection (add or remove libraries) and for making changes to your mixing settings.