Liveedit Playlist

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
meisterpropper
Liveedit Playlist

Post by meisterpropper »

Hi,

I´ve worked with DIGAS. There is a feature called DigaRange, with which you can edit a playlist from other instances and these changes are applied in real time at the broadcasting instance. Is a feature like this possible in PFOA?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Liveedit Playlist

Post by radio42 »

Currently not.

The question is also 'what' you like to edit?
- Segues, Add/Remove playlist items, Cue-Points, do VT, Meta Data, etc.?

Some of these tasks might 'remotely' not fully possible (depending on how 'remote' you are), e.g. because you don't have access to the related media entries (aufio files).
Or if you'd like to do VT from a remote PC being on a different network (e.g. at home), as creating new audio files (voice tracks) might need to be uploaded to the broadcast machine etc.

However, I'll think about that.
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

Well, I think, it would be great, if you can change the order, delete or add files and yes, edit cue points or change tags.
Is remote really needed? All datas are stored a network storage, the playlist too. That´s not the problem

Is the following possible: PFOA checks every 30 seconds, if the opened playlist has changed and if it has, it synchronizes the changes. I think it would also be usefull, if the playlist itself is saved every 30 seconds (like a cronjob) in order to exclude, that changes, which are made by the host, are lost. So is remote this way needed or doesn´t work this that way?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That's exactly what I ment...the definition is basically what you mean by 'remote'.
If you are on 'the same network' and all files, paths etc. are globally available to that 2nd ProppFrexx instance, I guess something can be done!
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

Only for the same network - database-like. Thanks!