Auto-reorder loaded tracks when changing playlist order

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
TheoOrl45
Re: Auto-reorder loaded tracks when changing playlist order

Post by TheoOrl45 »

I'm agree with Bernd. It seems to be more logical like this, in my opinion.
Theo, from France.
szal77

Post by szal77 »

Yes, it is more logical. But also more straining on the resources, since it would require 2 (or, in a 4-player setup, even 3) tracks to be reloaded more or less simultaneously, instead of just one when doing as I proposed. (Unloading shouldn’t use up a noticeable amount of CPU time, loading, on the other hand, does.)

As I said, the order of the players playing out the tracks is not important; if someone wants to keep the playout order strict, there’s the Follow button to activate. It’s more important that the order of tracks in the playlist remains unchanged.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Guess we almost mean the same.
But as ProppFrexx plays the playlist from top to bottom, I guess it is more logic to effectively replace both as in my example - that's why I guess it is more logic for the user.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As I said, the order of the players playing out the tracks is not important
Maybe it is not important for you, but for me and for a lot of other users it might be!
Today ProppFrexx ensures playback from top-to-bottom by default (even without the 'Follow' option - which 'just' ensures a more strict A-B-C-A-B-...order of the DJ Players by enabling reordering of the playlist items).