Remote voicetrack

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
andrerotgans
Remote voicetrack

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi,

When advising people on automation software I more and more advise them to use Proppfrexx, due to the vast amount of options and scripting possibilities. However, it happens that people tell me that they would very much like a remote voicetrack option as available in systems like Zenlex i.e.

A way to remote voice track could be like this :
- User sets up a connection between a simple remote client and PF running at the radiostation (being multistudio or just one instance)
- User selects a playlist from the already scheduled hours (remember my wish to do this in the normal version, too ? Maybe a schedule view like that)
- The remote client fetches this list to the remote client. Both metadata and (partial) audio. You can i.e download the first 20 seconds and the last 20 seconds from each song. Or, you can only do that for the songs around a placeholder (the option implemented in the voicetracking module a couple of weeks ago). A way to limit data transfer is to first transcode this audio to 128kbps mp3. However, as a normale user nowadays has a pretty neat broadband internetconnection, there might be no need for this.
- The remote client can use the normale voice track module as available in PF (but maybe a little bit stripped down, maybe no local cardwall and so on) to voicetrack this particular playlist. Recorded audio of the users' voice will be saved locally to a folder connected to this playlist only.
- After finishing a voice track session, the user 'saves' the voicetracked playlist. This will trigger the client software to once again connect to the PF instance at the radio station
- The client software transfers the locally saved recordings to the radio station. I know, this might be a little bit tricky due to firewalls, NAT etc.etc.
- The client software transfers the used metadata for each song (voicetrack next, start/stop/fade, maybe other cue points) and merges this with the playlist in the PF instance at the radio station

I totally understand that it's quite a complicated thing to build. However, with more and more people working from home at one or more radio stations, I think it would be a nice addition ?

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Remote voicetrack

Post by radio42 »

Hi Andre,

yes, I understand waht you are saying a this (resp. a simiular option) is already on my ToDo/WishList.
However, I still can not give a concrete release date - but as said, it is on the list of things to do!
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Nice ! Keep us posted ! If you need a beta-tester... ;-)
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

You mentioned thé exact way it exists within iVT from RCS company...:)
Theo, from France.
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Then they've done a good job ;-) There are more systems doing it this way, I guess. It seems the most logical way to do it, in my opinion. But maybe other users got some nice additions to my proposal ?
DennisdeWit

Post by DennisdeWit »

André, I will send you a PM in Dutch about how it can be done in the meantime.
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

A while ago there were some topics regarding remote voice track (among others this one), any news on this ?

Regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not yet but it is still on the ToDo List.
ErikW

Post by ErikW »

radio42 wrote:Not yet but it is still on the ToDo List.
This interests me also very and would even pay extra for it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It's high on the list.