Midi

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
andre
Midi

Post by andre »

Hello, Bernd i have a question.
I like to control leds on my midi controller
It's working for the Cartwall Players and Dj Players and everything else but not with the Standby Players.
In the control command builder i did ask you some time ago extra commands to control the leds with the standby players and you did add them.
But i can't difine the player, so in need to set the parameter in the exec_commans2 section.
Can you add macro like standbyplayer1......15 play.

just a question, Andre.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Midi

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure which extra control commands you are referring to (I once added)...can you help me with my memory ;-)

However, do you mean a macro which tells you, if a Standby-Player is actually playing?
If yes, not, that these macros do exist: ${standby1isplaying}, ${standby2isplaying} etc.

Or what macro do you exactly need?
Maybe you tell me the exact command you would like to trigger...

Also note, that there are now many helper macro functions available for better MIDI support - see the user Manual Appendix for details.
E.g. the macro function IF was added various versions ago:
Example:
*[IF:{${standby1isplaying}}:{Equals(1)}:{0x71}:{0x72}]

So instead of using the following command:
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${standby1isplaying}|Equals(1)|EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG 0x90|0|00|0x71

you might also use this:
EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG 0x90|0|00|*[IF:{${standby1isplaying}}:{Equals(1)}:{0x71}:{0x72}]

In addition, if your MIDI device supports the Mackie Control Universal Protocol direct support for this has also been added some time ago.
See the User Manual for details.
andre

Post by andre »

Hello, Bernd.

The control commands are in the events and comand execution , Others, OnStandbyPlay.
Yes i mean macro that thell me ${standby1isplaying}, ${standby2isplaying} etc.
But sorry i can't find this ( also in the user manual ), are you sure it's there ?
My Midi divice does'nt support Mackie.

Andre.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The ${standbyXisplaying} macros are indeed missing in the docs...but they are definitely there and working - just try it out ;-)
andre

Post by andre »

It's a old topic, but i have still this problem, the ${standbyXisplaying} macros isn't avaliable.
Please Bernd wil you look at this ?

I have a new midi controller and it would be nice to have led feedback with the standby players.

Greetings, Andre.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, the macro IS there and is working - I just tried it again here.
Please do the same and e.g. assign the following control-command to any of your available user commands:

Code: Select all

SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW 1=${standby1isplaying}, 2=${standby2isplaying}, 3=${standby3isplaying}
When testing it here it displays the following:
a) When no standby player is playing:
1=0, 2=0, 3=0
b) When only standby player 1 is playing:
1=1, 2=0, 3=0
c) When only standby player 2 is playing:
1=0, 2=1, 3=0
d) When standby player 1 and 3 are playing:
1=1, 2=1, 3=0

So I assume, that you do send an incorrect midi short message to your new controller and that's why you assume it is not working?!