Notes window for loaded playlist.

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Gary Mac
Notes window for loaded playlist.

Post by Gary Mac »

I haven't seen this option but in the 'view options' I wondered if you could integrate and extra window option for research and comment notes that will save with opened playlist please?

I already know you can add moderation notes for each track but it would be cool having this option for a DJ to make his own notes and save then to appropriate playlist.

Your consideration is greatly appreciated Bernd and thank you :)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Notes window for loaded playlist.

Post by radio42 »

Beside the moderator text you might also assign an external document to any track wothin a playlist - see TAG Editor (ALT+3, Track Data tab and the click on the 'Ext. Document' button).

Or you might even add any supported document file (eg. .rtf, docx, .pdf, .html, picture, etc.) to the playlist - eg. drop a Microfoft Word file into the playlist.
Or even both: add a document file to the plalyist and then assign an use the 'Ext. Document' button.

Any assigned document entry within the playlist, resp. an 'Ext. Document' assigned to a track will be shown in the 'Moderator Window'.
Gary Mac

Post by Gary Mac »

Hi Bernd
Hope you had a good weekend :)
Beside the moderator text you might also assign an external document to any track wothin a playlist - see TAG Editor (ALT+3, Track Data tab and the click on the 'Ext. Document' button).
Yeah that is one option if the track can be remembered at a later date to reference the notes for the show.

Or you might even add any supported document file (eg. .rtf, docx, .pdf, .html, picture, etc.) to the playlist - eg. drop a Microfoft Word file into the playlist.
Or even both: add a document file to the plalyist and then assign an use the 'Ext. Document' button.

Any assigned document entry within the playlist, resp. an 'Ext. Document' assigned to a track will be shown in the 'Moderator Window'.
Played around with option 2 which fundamentally seemed more appropriate for what I am trying to achieve. Only downside is that once it is places in the playlist, and you click it to view, it comes up in a viewer with the lovely colour scheme I am using for Onair, but cant's edit from here in realtime unless I refer to original document and edit there.
In option one, when viewed in the tag area of a track, it comes up in OnAir colour scheme and remains editable.

The shows we broadcast are very topical and contain lots of subject chat, so having and 'easy' workable notation system would be great because research takes place live most of the time.

So what would be perfect is if we can insert a note in a playlist like you explained, but it can be editable from there, is that possible Bernd please?
One note is expanded I would drag to second monitor where I have a few other items undocked.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes I guess I can make the current viewer editable, at least for a few file types, like .rtf, .docx etc.