Starting overlays manually from a remote studio using remote viewer?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Starting overlays manually from a remote studio using remote viewer?

Post by phonic »

Hi,

I've setup a overlay that download the latest traffic reports and play-out at x:30 from the main studio. If doing a remote show, using remote viewer, I can see the overlay that's been setup to display 3 minutes beforehand to give early notice, but is it possible to send a command using the remote viewer custom commands to start the overplay manually at a convenient more time for the presenter than waiting the full 3 minutes for it to start?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Starting overlays manually from a remote studio using remote viewer?

Post by radio42 »

Yes, the OVERLAY_DOPLAY command is doing the same as pressing the PLAY button manually of the Overlay-Player, i.e. it would start playing the overlay (see the Appendix of the user manual for details and a full list of all commands).
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 13 Nov 2019 16:01 Yes, the OVERLAY_DOPLAY command is doing the same as pressing the PLAY button manually of the Overlay-Player, i.e. it would start playing the overlay (see the Appendix of the user manual for details and a full list of all commands).
Thank you. I'll try it out.
phonic

Post by phonic »

One other point about the remote viewer. I've noticed NEXT column(bottom right) displays the date/time and name of the upcoming program but only the date/time for the overlays not the overlay name. Do I need to do something for this to display correctly?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, it should actually also display the overlay name.
I need to double check this!
phonic

Post by phonic »

Thanks, If it helps I've attached a screen shot so you can see what I'm getting. At 17:20 it should be displaying "Advert Break" as that's the overlay name.
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 17.04.10.png