Insert a Live In Feed like a song into current playlist

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
richie
Insert a Live In Feed like a song into current playlist

Post by richie »

Hi, i need to be able to manually insert into an already scheduled playlist some Live Feed, like for tracks/Containers/Playlist/Placeholder etc...Actually i've already Found in this forum that there are 4 possibilities to manage Live Feeds:

a) Manually via User Buttons:
b) Automatically using a ‘Reminder’ within the Program Scheduler:
c) Automatically using a ‘Non-Scripting Program’ within the Program Scheduler:
d) Automatically using the ‘Overlay Scheduler’:

In fact none of these options do my case...olnly the c option is near to my need, but only in case
I schedule it daily/weekly or montly these external feed,but nt when i have to insert them in a already compiled playlist.
The d option cannot be used cause no other overlay can be played in the time the feed is onair.
the a & b options are not compatible with my needs cause i do want that start & stop of Live feed are totally automatized without to leave an operator in front to pc to switch on & off the feed, instead i want to modify my scheduled playlist & insert my live feed with exact duration on the time i need on the fly the.

Ex, if i need in the playlist of today @ 21.00 to program a exceptionally live feed until 22.00, i want to have just to insert a live feed element with a definable duration (1 hour in this case) @ TOH of 21 and forget it leaving PF runnning.

I would like to be able to insert the Feed into the playlist or program it using the scripts as you do for a song and be able to define its duration, fade in the fade out, but above all it opens and closes the channel used as a feed automatically without having to use the Comand such as "MAIN_LINEIN_FEED_OFF" or "MAIN_LINEIN_FEED_ON"

I think will be Usefull to have an another option like "Add LineIn" to current playlist trough the right-click

Is This possible now or can be added in future versions?

PS sorry for my bad english, I hope you also understand what I mean.
Regards
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Insert a Live In Feed like a song into current playlist

Post by radio42 »

You can in addition to the above also do he following:
- use the "LineIn" script-line mode

Or to add a LineIn feed manually to an existing playlist, right-click and select:
- Add -> Insert Embedded Container...
... and then select the 'LineIn Feed' option.
I assume this is what you are looking for.
richie

Post by richie »

YES!!!!! More i use PF, more i love it...Thats was i looked for, exactly!!

Sorry im feel so stupid that i didnt find myself this way...maybe i didnt explored yet all the function/possibilities PF offer, but im pretty sure that this thing isnt mentioned yet in the PDF manual.

If possible, in future release, a nice improvement would be to add also a fade out parameter. I noticed that it does a little fade in when the element is started, but does not a fade out, and i havent found any option to set this. Maybe i miss again something about PF in the help/manual :lol:

Thank U.
Last edited by richie on 16 Aug 2017 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll look into this once I return from holiday.
richie

Post by richie »

Thank U...Not only Nice Automation Software, but also Nice Support for Demo/Free users like me too!

Regards
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just took a look, and it should actually also already fade-out the LineIn feed by 500 ms.
richie

Post by richie »

Hi, thanks for look at this, well, i noticed a Fadein on starting a Container Line in element, but not a fadeout, it seems just cut when i start next element on playlist...maybe there is a generic settings for fade of Container type element that i missed?

PS: a litte off topic question, its normal that ProppFrexx istance takes about 300mb of memory in my system resource?
as a comparation mAirlist use only 30/40mb...of course i know that PF use a lot more Graphic...is this the reason?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll take a look when I return from my vacation.

Yes 300mb is totally normal.
PF is a .Net app which by default uses much more memory plus the design of the app is totally different. Eg. PF keeps all media entry references incl. it's basic TAG data in memory. So the total needed memory also depends on the overall number of media entries used. Eg. My station with around 150.000 media entries might even use 400mb. And then yes, PF uses a lot more graphics, which is another reason.