Scheduler : import automatic

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
TheoOrl45
Scheduler : import automatic

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Bernd,

I have lot and lot of difficulties to make the scheduler work. This is very strange.
I created "fixed starttime" programs which don't start at the given datetime !! The previous program keeps on playing...
It annoys me ! Because it seems so simple to set and it seems not to work...

But, that's not my real question....
I write to you because I would like to ask you : I want to set automatic import from m3u files into the scheduler (each saturday a program will have to import 7 m3u files for the next week).
Is it a good idea to do it into proppfrexx scheduler ? will there any problem (conflicts) with current daily program which will start at the same datetime ?

Here is a full example :
- Automatic program each saturday (start = 00:00:00(Day) end = 00:00:00 (Day+1) ). Command : PROGRAM_IMPORT.
- I will have a "daily program" for each day, from (Day) 00:00:00 to (Day) 23:59:59.

I would like tomorrow program to end current playling last playlist track. But Automatic import and daily program will launch together at 00:00:00. And only the "Daily program" should end the previous last program track... I don't want "automatic import" to end current playing track.
=> Is it possible to have 2 program starting at the same date time ?
=> Is it possible for a program, that don't play any track (= just for backstage actions), to let the current program playing ?
if not, I will use the Microsoft Windows Task Scheduler for automatic importing (using pfremcmd exe file).

PS : Sorry for my broken english : I'm tired tonight....

Regards,
--
Sylvain
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45
Re: Scheduler : import automatic

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Bernd,

I already know the PROGRAM_IMPORT command and syntax (it already works). And I know about the pfremcmd.exe program (I already use it).
So, you misunderstood my question.

I would like to know if it's possible to create 2 programs starting at the same datetime ? One of both is for "backstage" opération like importing a log-file, and the other is for real loading playlist and playback. I want the first to not cut the current playback (because it's for backstage operation only).
And that's why I asked you :
=> Is it possible to have 2 program starting at the same date time ?
=> Is it possible for a program, that don't play any track (= just for backstage actions), to let the current program playing ?

It's would handy that all the regular backstage operations are scheduled within one scheduler (that of ProppFrexx) instead of having one in Windows, the other one in ProppFrexx. But, not sure it's a good idea and if it's possible....

Is it more clear ?

Regards
--
Sylvain
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

You get the point ! I will give it a try today :-)

Thank you Bernd.
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

a) take a look to the scheduler log file (see the 'Tools' ribbon - 'Show Log-Files'...)
The scheduler log file should give you a hint, why a program entry was not started.
Probably the given script name is invalid?!

b) automatic import is supported by the control-command PROGRAM_IMPORT:
Performs an automatic import of an external program scheduler log-file.
Parameter: format[|logFilename|trackBaseFolder|options|splitOption|separateProgramAndOverlay|playlistOutputFolder]
format: the import format name to use; logFilename: the path and filename of the log-file to import; trackBaseFolder: the folder containing the audio tracks; options: the import options to use; splitOption: to create separate scheduler entries; separateProgramAndOverlay: how to handle spot break groups; playlistOutputFolder: the folder where the resulting playlist files should be created.

By using the pfremcmd.exe tool you can even start that from any command-line.

See here for details: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=723
(guess it was also you asking that some time ago ;-)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh okay, sorry.
You should avoid running 2 'programs' at the same time!
But if you want to (just) execute a control-command via the program scheduler, note, that you can create a so called 'Reminder'.
When you right-click on the program calendar, select 'Add Reminder...'.
A reminder is a special calendar entry, which is exactly there to simply make a notification to the user or simply only execute a control-command.

E.g. a reminder can perfectly used to do regular things like:
- download or upload files
- import scheduler logs
- etc.

Is this what you are looking for...?