Encoder ....

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
JonyKanal80
Encoder ....

Post by JonyKanal80 »

Hy bernd, when i try to use " mp3sEncoder.exe " i get an error " Encoder not active ! "

Why ?
http://www.radiocanal80.com
The Best 80's & 90's Music
JonyKanal80
Re: Encoder ....

Post by JonyKanal80 »

Uauuuuu complicated thing.... no i only put on the encoding setup of PFOA the name "mp3sEncoder.exe" on executable, as i did for "lame" and chose a profile, as this file is present in Ecoders folder of PFOA !!! :roll:

so this file "mp3sEncoder.exe" present in PFOA encoders folder is no god ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, that is all fine, but the encoder itself needs an activation by itself - so that is nothing ProppFrexx can do for you.
It is an encoder thing you have to do - so blame Frauenhofer for that ;-)
The reason is, that Frauenhofer must ensure, that you are using the encoder only for personal use and accept their license terms...
JonyKanal80

Post by JonyKanal80 »

Got it Bernd, a last stupid :| important question ?

What i have to exactly (command) to put it on work it tryed google , but as you see don't understad a dam lollollol, for use it on PFOA streaming stereo 128k 44.1 . thanks again Bernd
JonyKanal80

Post by JonyKanal80 »

I just want to use this encoder for streaming that's all, but i don't know how to start it and how do i set him up. I want it for streaming like i do with "lame" .!

Ok got it, i found now works, thanks for your time.

For you perso. do you prefer "Lame" or "mp3sEncoder" , it seams to my ears that second is a litle better in quality no ?!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh okay...even if I am not sure why you want to use this encoder, since the only advantage of it would be, that it supports MP3pro encoding.
So unless you really need MP3pro encoding, I'd recommend to use lame, as lame uses much less CPU usage.
However...

a) Copy the "mp3sEncoder.exe" file to the ProppFrexx installation folder's '/Encoder' subdirectory.
E.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\3.0\Encoder"

b) then you need to 'activate' this encoder:
- Open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the above folder
- now just make a double-click on the "mp3sEncoder.exe"
- this will display a command-line window
- read the license agreement and follow the steps on the screen
- you need to press <Return> (Enter) a couple of times and finally you need to type "yes" to accept it.

Note: the default license solely grant you the right on any personal computer and solely for non-commercial evaluation purposes.
Else you need to obtain a special license from Frauenhofer!

c) Encoder Setup (general settings, section 'Encoding/Recording', click on the 'Encoder Setup...' button):
As explained here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4

Type in the executable name "mp3sEncoder.exe" into the 'Generic MP3 encoder setup' into the 'Executable' field.

d) Encoder Setup (general settings, section 'Encoding/Recording', click on the 'Define Encoder Profiles...' button):
As explained here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5

Double-click on the 'MP3' entry in the table to define the generic MP3 settings for this MP3 encoder (which now uses the "mp3sEncoder.exe")!

Here you might also specify a target sample rate, e.g. 44100Hz (as you explained above)!

e) Now you can configure your Streaming Servers within ProppFrexx OnAir.
E.g. in the general settings, go to the 'Streaming' section and add a streaming server (by clicking on the 'Add' button).
In the Streaming Server configuration dialog specify your server details and select your 'Encoder Settings', i.e.:
- select the Encoder Profile as defined above
- select the 'MP3' encoder
- and select your streaming source, which is any of the available ProppFrexx mixer channels

That's it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure I understand your exact question!
Can you please clarify what exactly you are trying to achieve / looking for?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Have you installed this encoder? And have you configured this encoder within ProppFrexx?
If yes, note, that this encoder once needs to be started manually (via a windows command-line).
This is needed, because you need to personally accept the license terms of this encoder!