Closing playlist

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
mart3223
Closing playlist

Post by mart3223 »

Quick and short question. After every automated program (script) the system opens for every program a new playlist. Is it possible that PF closes old playlists by him self? Of that a new playlist is loaded in the already open playlist? I thought I have seen that option somewhere...?
Radio Aa en Hunze - Twaalf hunebedden één geluid
www.radioaaenhunze.nl - Phone studio +31 (0)592 70 30 30
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Closing playlist

Post by radio42 »

In general will a previous playlist, which has also been started/opened by the scheduler, be closed once a new program/playlist is started.
However, manually opened playlists will not automatically be closed by the scheduler, they need to be closed manually as well!

The following options do exist:

a) Scheduler Start option: StartCurrentProgramInCurrentPlaylist:
If this option is set (see general settings, section Scripts/Scheduler) the initially started program might use an already open playlist and simply append its new entries to it. As such no new playlist is created in case a playlist window is already open!
Note1: This option is only in effect when you start the scheduler (e.g. you click on the 'Run Scheduler' button)
Note2: If an already existing playlist is used, old entries of that playlist might get played first before the effective script entries do start.

b) Program StartType=Fixed/Soft TimeUpdateSync:
If a program uses one of the TimeUpdateSync start types, it instead of starting the program in a new playlist window any existing scheduler playlist window will be reused and a TimeUpdateSync entry is used to change the running script.
Note: Only playlist windows are considered which have been started by the scheduler. I.e. if no open playlist window exists which has been opened by the scheduler already, the scheduler would again open a new playlist window.

c) you manually close any manually opened playlist windows or use a control-command explicitly e.g. when starting the scheduler.
E.g. use the general 'OnSchedulerStart' event and the 'PLS_CLOSE_ALL' command to close all/any open playlists.