Global History Options and songs added to playlist

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
Global History Options and songs added to playlist

Post by Farbo »

Hi Bernd.

Today I launched PF after some time and after a while I realised tracks are not chosen as they supposed to be, i.e. as you can see from attached printscreens whitney houston was played twice in very small period which should not happened according to global history options. Or is there anything else I should check and change after updates (I was not changing any setting for very long time)?

Thank you.
Attachments
Global History Options.jpg
Global History Options.jpg (63.3 KiB) Viewed 10915 times
Playback History.jpg
Playback History.jpg (37.54 KiB) Viewed 10915 times
Peter
Farbo
Re: Global History Options and songs added to playlist

Post by Farbo »

Another example attached.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (13.35 KiB) Viewed 10913 times
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Hi Bernd.

a) TAGs are set, as I mentioned I did not change anything for a long time a before everything was working fine.

b) SupressHistoryCheck is set only for jingles, not for music tracks.

c) Where could this option be set? I did not set anything like that. Global Song History is 500, Script History is set to 500, Media Library Song History is set to 0 (shall I set it to 500?), for individual libraries is set also to 0 (shall I set it to -1?).

d) Tracks are added only through scheduler, not manually.

e) As mentioned in d), playlists are generated through scheduler

f) I am only using LeastTimePlayed mode

g) Global Song History is set to 500
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

to c) In the script dialog - it is a Script related 'Option' (not a script-line related option) - the field is called 'Options:'
No, do NOT set a media lib histoty to -1!

g) how many tracks are contained in your respective media lib!
Note, that you can show a column called 'SourceInfo' in your playlist window - this would reveal from which script-line a duplicate entry is derived!

As you have set your script-lib history to 500 and your global history to 500, there are in total 1000 entries in your histories.
As such, if you are using a media lib with less than 1000 entries in your script, it might happen, that ALL these entries of that media lib are present in the history - such all history checks will fail.
The same will also be true for libs having more than 1000 entries but when using a filter which limits the result to less than 1000.
In such cases (if the history check fail for all entries) the script-line is skipped by default; this unless you set the 'UseLastTrackOnFinalFail' script option - in which the last track is used regardless, but logically this track violates the history.

I really assume, that you have set the 'UseLastTrackOnFinalFail' script option.
Anyhow, you might want to lower your history sizes if you have a lot of libs/filters resulting in less than 1000 entries!
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

'UseLastTrackOnFinalFail' script option is not set as you can see from printscreen.

Regarding the history counts. Which one is better to use if I want to set it for example to 500 tracks? I have together around 3000 tracks in music library, but perspective libraries have different numbers of tracks.
Attachments
Scrip Library Editor.jpg
Scrip Library Editor.jpg (124.13 KiB) Viewed 10906 times
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'd only use the global history in your case!
And set its size to a number less than the smallest media lib.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am pretty sure, that the history checks do work as expected, so I assume some other configuration issue.
It all depends on a few more factors (I can not check these from your screen shots):

a) Your audio files meta data TAGs (Artist, Title etc.) must be set - I assume this is the case.
If no TAG data is available the check can only be performed based on the filename; which is different I assume.

b) Your script-line might have the 'SupressHistoryCheck' option set.
In that case, no history check is performed.

c) Your script might have the 'UseLastTrackOnFinalFail' option set.
If you are using a media lib having less entries than your history (either your global, your script or media lib history - don't know, if you use those as well); it might be the case, that no entries can be found matching the history. If the 'UseLastTrackOnFinalFail' script option set; the last found entry is used regardless, which might violate the history.

d) You are adding tracks manually to a playlist.
As you haven't enabled those options in your global history options, these would not be checked.

e) You are using pre-prepared playlists (which have been created hours or days in advance).

f) You are scheduling those track via one of the following script-line modes: LoadTrack, LoadPlaylist, Execute, Advert, News, Container
Tracks scheduled via these modes will never be checked against any song history.

g) Your global history size is set to 0!
This would disable it completely.

Else that that it will not be possible.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Thank you Bernd. I will test it tomorrow.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Unfortunately, it is not working, please, see printscreen. I have to be doing something wrong.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (96.63 KiB) Viewed 10881 times
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please do the following:
a) validate from 'where' the 2 'Michael Jackson' entries are coming (as explained above via showing the SourceInfo column)
b) enable the Debug Logging - it should reveal some more info about duplicate playlist entries
c) Please send me the 2 or 3 'Michael Jackson' entries (the physical audio files) plus any related .pfmd files (if you are using them)
d) Please send me your script file (.pfs) you are using to take a look at

Once I received c) and d) we might do a TeamViewer session to take a look at your config!