Midi device mapping

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
kbuyukcelen
Midi device mapping

Post by kbuyukcelen »

Hello,

I'm thinking of adding steinberg cmc-pd midi controller.
I will map for play next using fading, manual live assist, auto play features.

But i have a question. Can I map button colours? for example, if manual live assist button color is red, if auto play button color is red.

Or do you advise a velleman usb controller or other solutions via serial? (custom arduino device)

Thanks.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Midi device mapping

Post by radio42 »

I know, that a few users are already using this device successfully and are pretty happy with it. I don't own one myself, as such I don't know if and if yes, how to toggle the colors of these buttons.

A quick look into the Steinberg manual says, that the buttons use a different color according to the velocity, depending on
the strength with which you play/hit a pads.
So I am not sure, if you can programmatically define the colors, i.e. by sending a certain MIDI message to the device.
But if that is possible, ProppFrexx might control it, as ProppFrexx can send MIDI message to the device.

However, I can hardly recommend any other hardware devices, as there are so many...
kbuyukcelen
Re: Midi device mapping

Post by kbuyukcelen »

Thank you, I'm searching what I can do. I think the best solution for me is developing custom arduino shield and communicate with rs-232 via proppfrex.

Thanks.