Program couldn't start.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
ExIT_FM
Program couldn't start.

Post by ExIT_FM »

Hi all!

I get this error message in the log, every time I schedule a program:
"11/10/2015 10:54:59: WARNING: Program 'Hétpecsétes Harmónia @ 11/10/2015 11:00:00' could not be started (another program is already starting at the same time)!"

But there's no another program. I've a basic script that runs all day and an overlay which played every hour _(xx:55)

Is anyone encountered with this problem before?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Program couldn't start.

Post by radio42 »

There must be something incorrectly configured.
Please send me your program scheduler .calendar file as well as your entire scheduler log file to take a look at.
I also need to know what exact version you are running? V3.0.15.20? V4.0.0.18? ?
ExIT_FM

Post by ExIT_FM »

Thank you Bernd, email sent to "proppfrexx_at_radio42.com"

I use 4.0.0.17 x64 Enterprise of PFOA
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So is the related program never being started? Is another program started?
Or is there just this single program being skipped?
ExIT_FM

Post by ExIT_FM »

Sometimes the program starts, sometimes not. I've tried to make some changes in the program scheduling, but I couldn't find any incorrect. If you wanna make a TV session I'm here all day.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, today is Sunday. So I take a look to it later.
But you can try to delete your all-day entry as that looks strange and all-day entries are not supported.
Your scheduler should have none overlapping entries all having a given start and end time.
ExIT_FM

Post by ExIT_FM »

Alright, I'll delete it. But how can I switch back to the "Basic" script after the current program has finished? At the moment we have 1-2 programs a day, and I'd like to play music/ads/spots in the rest of the day, so a script should run all day.

update: I've find the solution in the user manual, I'm testing it now.

update2:
No, I was wrong, it's still not work. :( So. I have a basic script that runs 24/7, until an another program comes. Here's the screenshot of the basic script config:

When I want to schedule a program, I make a script for it, with some FTE, and schedule it as an "Overlay End Time Soft".

If I got the manual right, it should work perfectly, becuause it suspends my basic script, and if the Overlay ends, the basic script starts running again.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The main issue with your scheduler was, that you created a single program entry, which started days ago and ends somewhere in 2016.
Every time you start such a program, by default it tries to roll it forward (guess you haven't suppressed that in the general setting), which might take very long, as the scheduler needs to calculate and emulate all your past days and weeks. So that single entry had a duration on 110 days ;-)

Just define a define a daily (every 1 days) recurring program entry, which starts at day X at 00:00:00 and ends at 23:59:59 on the same day.
As it's a recurring program, it would be started each day again at midnight (00:00:00) - the rest is okay as it is defined now...
ExIT_FM

Post by ExIT_FM »

Ok, this helped, everything works fine now!
Thank you, soooo much!