sweepers background level and jingle/sweepers redundancies

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
sweepers background level and jingle/sweepers redundancies

Post by moogwill »

Hi, I just started to test your software that seems amazing, I'm used to old fashion softwares from my previous projects (audio research, winradio zenon....)
I'm planning to buy the full version, but I need to be sure, that will feet my needs. I have a few questions.

1: I found how to insert some sweepers in my scripts, and it works perfectly, but, I wasn't able to change the the background track levels, seems to be always the same fixed value. where is that attenuation variable??? (I first tried to find that answer in this Boards topics, but no luck)

2: I don't want to play a jingle before a track that is gonna use a sweeper, how to fix that? and what about the sweeper if the track have no Ramp?

For example:

-track
-track with ramp (sweeper)

And if theres no ramp

-Track
-Possible jingle (or jingle if 1/1 selected)
-track without ramp

And by the way, a very simple question that is not specified anywhere about remote VT, It seems any edition of the software is able to be on client side, does it includes the demo version?

Thanks for reading me so far.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: sweepers background level and jingle/sweepers redundancies

Post by radio42 »

Hi,

how are you testing things today?

Here are a few general things:
The default 'Attenuation Settings' can be defined in the general settings, section "Mixing/Fading" - see the related button.
(e.g. the 'Convert To Sweeper' from the playlist context menu uses these settings)#

The default "Transition Type" can also be defined in the general settings, section "Mixing/Fading".

To place a Sweeper over an existing playlist entry can also be done via drag and drop of e.g. a Jingle track and then holding down the ALT-key. When you now drop such a track you are even asked about the Attenuation and the Transition Type.

There are various different sweeper transition types you might use. E.g. the "VO_StartWithCueInOrEndWithRampOfNextTrack" tries to align the sweeper track to the end of the ramp of the next track. In case the ramp time is longer than the sweeper track itself, it will be aligned to the cuein position. If no ramp position is given, the sweeper track stays into the playlist by its own and will be started normally with the next cue point of the previous track, which is also case, if the sweeper track is longer than a given ramp time.

The Remote VT feature is explain here (see the related video):
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1018
or here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1405

It requires an Enterprise Edition on the 'server-side' and any other on the client.
Yes, it should also work fine in the Demo.

If you need a time limited full version for better testing, just send me a mail !
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Hi Thanks, Will try this asap (out of home at the moment)
Will keep you updated later, but I don't know if it's gonna solve my level problem ( for sweepers added from the script )

Thanks again.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The script related sweeper settings always use the default 'Attenuation Settings'.
And by default does this have an attenuation value of -12 dB.
So it seems strange, that this is not applied to your test. I just made a test here and all worked fine.

But note, that the script-line related "Automatic Sweeper" only supports the standard 3 transitions:
- EndWithRampOfNextTrack (falls back to StartWithCueInOfNextTrack if no Ramp exists)
- StartWithCueInOfNextTrack
- StartWithFullLevelOfNextTrack
This is obvious, as an automatic transition must be applied to the related track of the related script-line, but can not fall back to a stand-alone playlist entry.
If you need that, you might need to add a dedicated script-line and set the fixed "Transition Mode" in the same dialog instead of the "Auto. Sweeper".
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Hi Again Bernd,

Thanks, I just tried this, it works perfectly . I'll now try the dedicated script-line, I'll try to add a script line for jingles too, so i'll be sure that the jingle and sweeper won't be redundants..
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Bernd,

to avoid redundancies in script generated playlist with automatic jingles insertion, I tried a script rule but it won't work. I'm not able to select a particular line in the script. something like "if track has a ramp and is line XX then suppress automatic jingle ahead.

I will use a copy of my jingles in the medias library, then I'll be able to place them manually in my scripts to manage my playlist strategies. I first thought I would be able to manage that with only those files in the cartwall library.

Once again, thanks for your prompt answers today.

Thomas.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not sure what such rule should be good for. If a certain script-line contains an Auto Sweeper you already know that...same for dedicated Track Insert Transitions.