Scheduler and Upcoming DST Start

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
inl_inc
Scheduler and Upcoming DST Start

Post by inl_inc »

Hi Bernd,

Can you let me know what I can expect to happen (when DST kicks in at 2AM and clocks are moved forward an hour to 3AM) in terms of how program scheduler will behave.

All of my programs are 1 hour in length - however the scheduler has extended 1 hour playlist into a 2 hour program and superimposed 2AM and 3AM scripts over one another. Screenshot below.
dst_change.JPG
dst_change.JPG (28.89 KiB) Viewed 5617 times
Let me know if I need to make any tweaks to have this run smoothly. The 1AM playlist is timed to be exactly 1 hour long. Wondering what will happen at 2 (really 3AM). By the way, my scripts have a lead time of about 5 minutes and are allowed to start early 90 seconds prior to top of the hour.

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Scheduler and Upcoming DST Start

Post by radio42 »

The way that you 'programmed' it looks (almost) perfectly right, and the 3am programs should be scheduled on time.
What I just do not understand is why you have 2 program scheduler entries at 3am - looks like there is one too much?
inl_inc

Post by inl_inc »

Thanks for the quick response. I did not schedule those two programs on on top of each other. It looks like ProppFrexx has done that automatically given the DST change. If I look at next week's Sunday schedule - those same recurring programs are correctly shown at 1, 2 and 3 AM.
dst_change_2.JPG
dst_change_2.JPG (23.86 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
Should I delete the 03/24 (2AM program) for that occurence only?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh yes, sorry, I did overlook this.
Normally it should be all handled automatically.
The 2nd entry is actually the ex-2am entry - which you might also remove to be sure (the occurrence only, not the series ;-)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Note, that created an extra post covering this subject here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1554