Overlays Don't Play Slots

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlays Don't Play Slots

Post by radio42 »

Yes exactly, it says: "not processed (no tracks found with 'AdvertSlot : XYZ..."

There are a few reasons, why this can happen:
a) no Partner is active (see the 'Active' flag of the partner)
b) no Campain is active (see the 'Active' flag of the campains)
c) no Campain is valid for that date (see the Start and End Date of the campains)
d) the given Slot is not assigned to any of your campaigns
e) OR the given Overlay is not assigned to any of your campaigns
f) if you have defined a 'FixPrice' in your Campaign, the 'Max. Playouts' might have been exceeded already
g) if you have defined a 'Max. Length' in your Slot, that might have been exceeded already
h) there is no Track assigned to any of your campaigns
i) the assigned Track(s) are inaccessible from within ProppFrexx ONAIR (or do not exist anymore as local files)
PaskalG

Post by PaskalG »

Yeah, that's what I say. ANY overlay created with the wizard is played. I've deleted the overlay calendar and gonna try to make it again. I'll tell you if the problem is solved or if still remains.

I think the campaigns were correctly assigned, because at the bottom of each partner and capaign many slots appear assigned.

Of course I understand that what you saw in the files was ok, both overlays for National Adverts and Local Adverts separated by 2 seconds in soft mode.

To make this time right, I'll tell you what I'll do and you tell me if it's correct:

For National Overlay:

I use the Advert Pattern Wizard. I set from 7:10:59 until 23:00 a pattern of 30 minutes. The start and end day is the same, for example for wednesday adverts I set from Wednesday 1 June 2016 7:10:59 to Wednesay 1 June 2016 23:00 so I get 1 overlay each half hour. The recurrence is weekly, 1 time each week, on Wednesdays.
The start is soft, with a maximum delay of 180 seconds and showed 90 seconds in advance. I activate the options allow edit, delay, cancel and allow moderator changes (for what is LockPlaylist option, how does it locks exactly?). On title updates I prefer use campaign names in order to the name of the campaign tracks. I let the Condition option empty.
I set control commands:
ON OVERLAY SHOWN: MAIN_ROUTE_OVERLAY_SET NATIONAL (set the audio channel to my main audio signal, the NATIONAL named)
ON OVERLAY PLAYED: PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_OFF (I have a fixtime element in the script and need that it waits for the 2nd overlay to be played at the same time). I use a prefix NATIONAL_weekday_HHmm. In advert slot settings I set lenght-max lenght 180-240, recurrende week with 1 playout, random, and select an opener track. I get Overlay and slot ok/ok.

For Local Overlay:

Again I use the Advert Pattern Wizard, I set from 7:11:01 until 23:00 a pattern of 30 mins. Start on Wednesday 1 June 2016 at 7:11:01 until Wednesday 1 June 2016 at 23:00 getting 1 overlay each 30 minutes. Recurrence weekly on Wednesdays. Again soft type, with max start delay 360 seconds (5 minutes to let the song end and also the National Overlay). It is showed 60 seconds in advance (30 seconds less than the NATIONAL one, so this should be the 2nd overlay). Allow edit, delay, cancel and moderator changes options. Use Campaign Name. Condition empty. I don't select Suspend Program and set the attenuation to 0,00dB (in order to run parallel to a fixtime element).

the control commands in here are:

ON OVERLAY SHOWN: MAIN_ROUTE_OVERLAY_SET LOCAL (change the audio signal to my 2nd channel)
ON OVERLAY PLAYED: PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON || MIXER_OUTPUT_SND2_OFF CADNA (one below the other) (this activates the playlist and so, the fixtime element container and cuts the audio copy from National to Local letting the fixtime play via NATIONAL and the overlay via LOCAL audio channel independent).
ON OVERLAY STOPPED: MIXER_OUTPUT_SND2_ON NATIONAL (when It ends, it coppies the sound again from NATIONAL to LOCAL)
I set the prefix to LOCAL_weekday_HHmm. In advert slot settings I set lenght and max. lenght as 210 - 226 seconds. The recurrende is 1 playout each week, sequencial (not random) and don't set any opener track because I'll have some empty slots each day, but I need that It plays almost an opener track saying my local city and frequency, for example: "you're listening loca fm Madrid, 96.0 FM" so I think I'll add this track as a partner with a campaing assigned to all my local adverts, so it should play almost that track and then finish the overlay copying the fixtime element signal again. And.... I get this "error":

32 entries will be created.

Date Time Name Recurrence (Overlay ok?/Slot ok?)
---------------------------------------------------------------
01/06/2016 7:11:01: LOCAL_mié_0711 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 7:41:01: LOCAL_mié_0741 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 8:11:01: LOCAL_mié_0811 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 8:41:01: LOCAL_mié_0841 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 9:11:01: LOCAL_mié_0911 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 9:41:01: LOCAL_mié_0941 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 10:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1011 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 10:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1041 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 11:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1111 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 11:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1141 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 12:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1211 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 12:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1241 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 13:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1311 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 13:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1341 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 14:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1411 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 14:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1441 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 15:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1511 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 15:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1541 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 16:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1611 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 16:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1641 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 17:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1711 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 17:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1741 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 18:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1811 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 18:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1841 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 19:11:01: LOCAL_mié_1911 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 19:41:01: LOCAL_mié_1941 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 20:11:01: LOCAL_mié_2011 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 20:41:01: LOCAL_mié_2041 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 21:11:01: LOCAL_mié_2111 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 21:41:01: LOCAL_mié_2141 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 22:11:01: LOCAL_mié_2211 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)
01/06/2016 22:41:01: LOCAL_mié_2241 W1 (Overlay conflict/ok)

There are conflicts with existing overlay entry.
These existing overlay entry will end automatically!

Note that I deleted the previous overlay calendar, so this one is completely new, and only have NATIONAL overlays set 2 seconds before the LOCAL ones.

Any idea? I got the same error the previous time, Could it be the reason why I'm not being able to play ANY overlay?

Thank you for all your help Bernd, I really appreciate it.

Greets,

Germán Pascual
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yeah, that's what I say. ANY overlay created with the wizard is played.
So problem solved! As now you say, that any overlay is played - sounds good. Where is the issue then?
I think the campaigns were correctly assigned, because at the bottom of each partner and capaign many slots appear assigned.
Not really. As you have send me your entire Advert Storage Folder I can see all what you have done.
For example the "LOCAL_jue_0911" overlay used the "LOCAL_jue_0911" slot. But that slot is NOT assigned in ANY of your campaigns - as such, this overlay is NOT played, as it does NOT resolve any tracks ;-)
But this is an expected and correct behavior!

The same is true for a couple of other overlays/slot - they are simply not assigned in any of your campaigns.

LockPlaylist: The current playlist will be locked during the overlay.
Meaning a user can not modify or play it during the overlay - it is locked.

The 'Conflict' is not an error, but a warning:
It tells you, that you are using overlapping overlays; e.g. the National and the Local overlays almost start at the same time, even if beforehand you told the system, that the first one (Local) should last much longer.
But as this is 'just' a warning; you might have a good reason for this 'design' and want to allow it; e.g. because you enabled the 'Combine Parallel Overlays' and want to keep the slots and overlays separate.
In such a case, you can ignore the warning.

However, it is now hard to follow your new changes and assignments.
If needed, and you'll find any issues again, you can send me you new complete 'Advert Storage Path' folder as a ZIP again.

I can only tell, that in the one you send me had certain assignment issues.

In parallel, please also try the latest v4.0.1.33-beta (Check for Beta-Versions...) - it contains a few more Debug Log entries.
I.e. if you experience, that certain overlays are NOT played within ProppFrexx ONAIR, please activate the 'Debug Logging' option in the general settings, section 'More Stuff'. This will write a "Debug_yyyyMMdd.log" file to your global log folder.

The next time an overlay is NOT played, please send that Debug log file to take a look at, as it might reveal the exact reason.
PaskalG

Post by PaskalG »

Hi Bernd,

I had no time to check this until now.

Ok, I deleted all as I told you, and created 1 advert slot and 1 overlay scheduler entry just to check. I think I've made some progress.

In the campaign I have 3 options: Assigned Slot, Assigned Tracks and Dynamic Overlays/Slots, right? So, I "discovered" that the overlay only plays the tracks wich have the "assigned Slot" option with almost 1 slot, but it doesn't play it if I hace 0 slot assigned but I have 1 dynamic slot/overlay(s) assigned.... Which is the difference?

Remember that my problem was that any overlay was played because the error log said 'no tracks found in the slot'.
Now I created a test slot with 1 overlay asociated, so I have 3 campaigns. In 2 of them I ussed the "Assign" option and it plays both nice, but in the other one I used the Dynamic option and is not played in that overlay with the other 2. I tried using Dynamic 3 ways (multi overlay, single overlay and single slot assignment) but is not played anyway, even when the slot shows 3 campaign count it only play the 2 that I introduced via Assign method.

So, that's the problem why overlays where not played. Anny suggestion about why Dynamic slots are not played? Is like it doesn't detects that option and it says there's no track, even if I use de Dynamic option and select that lonely test slot I created for this...

Thanks for your help Bernd,

Greets,

Germán Pascual
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A 'Slot' is a logical placeholder. An Overlay entry uses this 'Slot' to define what should be played out.
Example:
You have defined 2 Slots: A and B.
And you have defined 2 hourly recurring Overlays: OVL-A every hour at 00:05:00; and OVL-B every hour at 00:30:00.

When you now create a Partner and define a Campaign, you can either:

a) Assign a Campaign directly to a Slot:
In this case an Overlay (playing that Slot, e.g. A) would always consider this directly assigned Slot for play out.
Or in other words, EVERY occurrence of OVL-A will consider this Campaign.

b) Assign a Campain to a particular Overlay occurrence:
In this case an Overlay is NOT assigned to a Slot, but directly to an Overlay. BUT not to the Overlay in general, BUT to a very specific Overlay entry occurring at a certain date and time!
The Campaign will in this case ONLY be considered for play out for that specific Overlay at that specific date AND time!

The 'Dynamic' overlay assignment dialog allows you to specify a date range and a number of play outs. The system then automatically selects according to the requested number of play outs certain overlay occurrences and assigns the Campaign to them - like explained above in b).

Special assignment modes are:
'Multi Overlay Assignment' : like b) above and allows to you assign multiple specific overlay occurrences in a kind of table view.
'Single Overlay Assignment' : like b) above and allows to you assign specific overlay occurrences on a single given date.
'Single Slot Assignment' : almost like b), but uses one Slot (instead of an Overlay) at a given specific date, thus all Overlays using that Slot on that date will consider the Campaign for play out.

Note, that I always said above: "...will be considered for play out..." - What does this mean?

You can define certain limits, e.g. Slot Length; Campaign or Partner can be active/deactive, have a Start and End Time; can have Max. number of Playouts etc.

However, just expand the 'Campaign' tree list node in the Partners tab (the 'Assigned Slots' node as well as the 'Dynamic Overlay/Slots' node) and you'll see the exact assignments:
a) Assigned Slots = directly assigned Slots (a)
b) Dynamic Overlay/Slots = Overlay/Slot name PLUS the exact date and time

I am pretty sure, that the play out is then totally correct!
If not, check the restrictions, like your Start and End date of the campaign and partner; if you have defined a number of max play outs for a campaign; or a Fix-Price...
PaskalG

Post by PaskalG »

So, to use Dynamic overlays when I create the overlays... What should I choose instead of Slot in that menu?

Can't they be combined, so I can choose different campaigns to be played the same times and weekdays in a weekly recurrence (slot) and some others in specific days & hours?

The way I did it the last time was with the wizard, so I had 32 daily slots assigned to 32 daily overlays. Isn't that correct?

Thanks!!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can press on the '?' icon at the top right of each dialog to get some detailed help.
Dynamic is basically as said above: a random selection of overlay occurrences in a given date range with a given number of play outs per e.g. day.

You can combine all of the above mentioned methods/modes.

That can be okay, if 32 slots and overlays are created per day - I don not know what you want to achieve, so I can not say, if that is correct or not, but it sounds totally normal... if each of these 32 is daily recurring?...
PaskalG

Post by PaskalG »

Yeah but not all of the campaigns are daily recurring. F.E. Campaign 1 has to be played every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:05, and campaign 2 some days goes on Monday 9:05, other times at Thursdays... So I have to use assign slot for the campaign 1 but dynamic for campaign 2. The problem is that the dynamic programmed are. It played, it says there's no sound file there, so there must be something I'm doing wrong...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Probably.
You can send some screenshots to look at for a given date and time.
As said, when you expand the tree list in the main window you should see exactly what is assigned.
You can even test an overlay or slot to see what is wrong...
PaskalG

Post by PaskalG »

Ok I'll send screenshots asap next week.

And yes, when I create a campaign and I use the dynamic assignment option I see the tree and it says:

- Assigned Slots 0
- Assigned tracks 1
- Assigned Dynamic slot/overlay(s) 2 (and those overlays with their names & dates)

Then I check & test the slot and it plays the audio track from that campaign, also test the overlay and same result. But when the overlay must be played with the overlay player it doesn't play it and give me the error "no audio tracks found".

I can only play them if the tree is this way:

- Assigned Slots 1
- Assigned tracks 1 (minimum obviously)
- Assigned Dynamic slot/overlay(s) 0,1,2,3,4....

It doesn't matter the number of dynamic slot/overlays because they are not played, only plays what appears at Assigned Slots option

It's so strange...