AutoPlayNextOn not working on selected items

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
DennisdeWit
AutoPlayNextOn not working on selected items

Post by DennisdeWit »

Dear Bernd,

A few months ago I asked how to 'link' two songs as a mix, just like Dalet, OmniPlayer and mAirlist. You answered I can do so using Alt + N.

I tested it. It works for all the non-loaded white entries. If I play a song, it will automatically start the next song after hitting the Next cue point. The weird thing is, it doesn't work with songs that were loaded in the player already (colored entries). It seems the players ignore the Next Cue Points. When the song is finished, silence remains.

I don't have this problem when I click AutoPlay at the top of the screen. The problem only occures when using Alt + N. Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Dennis
radio42
Site Admin
Re: AutoPlayNextOn not working on selected items

Post by radio42 »

I think you are mixing or misunderstood things here a bit !

The ALT+N shortcut toggle the currently focused tracks 'AutoPlayNext' option only!
This (as said) effects ONLY the currently focused track - this shortcut does NOT globally toggle the AutoPlay function!
However, if you focus (select) an already loaded track within the playlist and then press ALT+N, it successfully toggles the option and if you manually start playing that track, it would automatically play the next track, even, if the global AutoPlay function is disabled - that's what the track's AutoPlayNext option is for. So it works as designed in all my tests here!

The shortcut to toggle the global AutoPlay function is F4 !

So I guess you just have to press F4 instead of Alt+N...
DennisdeWit

Post by DennisdeWit »

Hi Bernd,

No, I think you actually misunderstood me. I wanted to say that if you press ALT N for the loaded songs, it will not toggle the next entry. ALT N seems to work only for non-loaded songs. We have tested it multiple times and it doesn't seem to work.

I talked about AutoPlay, because I wanted to show that the AutoPlay function IS toggling the Next Cue Points when a song is loaded, while the ALT N, AutoPlayNext function, is not.

Thanks,
Dennis
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

ALT+N toggles the track of the currently focused playlist entry - I am very sure about this and have tested it and it also works fine for already loaded tracks. Maybe it is hard to see which row in the playlist is focused due the fact that they are colored.
But I tested it again and it is for sure working!

And the AutoPlay function does NOT toggle this option of a track! This is a parallel function working differently, but just the effect is similar.

So please test it again and maybe a video will help to understand what you are doing. I can also make one showing that it is working if you want that...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So NOTE that while AutoPlay is active, that ALT+Nhas no effect.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is a Video demonstrating, that it works:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/houv5x98myyor ... t.mp4?dl=0

You'll see a playlist with tracks already loaded to the DJ Players. AutoPlay is OFF.
Note the column 'O...' which shows the track options...
I start playing DJ Player A and then select/focus the related playlist row - see the row indicator at the very left of the row - this indicates the currently focused row.
Now I press ALT+N (on the keyboard) to toggle the track's 'AutoPlayNext' option - you'll see the value in the 'O...' column changing (I actually pressed ALT+N three times to demonstrate that a change is possible...)
And... when the 'AutoPlayNext' option is selected, the track even starts to play the next track (I advanced the track position manually to shorten the video..)

As you can see, all works as expected...