ProppFrexx AutoPlayNext falling silent

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
DennisdeWit
ProppFrexx AutoPlayNext falling silent

Post by DennisdeWit »

Dear Bernd,

At our radiostation, we have ProppFrexx setup with 2 players. This means, I have to learn to live with having just 2 players. I am not allowed to change anything within the system. However, I have a problem.

When I have a song (song A) and I mix it with a short jingle (jingle A) and then start a song (song B) with AutoPlayNext, ProppFrexx falls silent. There is a reason why: I have set the jingle of 2 seconds at the outro of 7 seconds of song A and then set song B the last second of jingle A.

I have added a video to show you what the problem is. Is this a bug? I assume the problem is using just 2 players. However, 3 players are not possible in this setup. If it is by design, I want to ask to make a possibility to play the song, the jingle and the song in one player. My only work around so far is: playing song A, convert the jingle and song B together as an embedded container. But that must be just a work-around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMPWpy8kcIs&

Thanks,
Dennis
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx AutoPlayNext falling silent

Post by radio42 »

You already gave the explanation ;-)
When the short jingle (song B) reaches its end, song A is still playing, as there is no other player available.
As such the AutoPlayNext option of song B is not failing. It just recognizes, that it can not trigger any further playback, as song A is sill/already playing.

This is a known but logical issue during manual playback. You have not turned AutoPlay on!
So I guess this is not a bug!

Either use AutoPlay Or use 3 DJ Players.
If you are not allowed to do so, you should talk with your manager.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx AutoPlayNext falling silent

Post by radio42 »

You might also drop the Jingle onto the playing track and hold the ALT key to use the auto transition option.
Set you default transition type in the general settings, section Mixing/Fading. Eg. use EndsWithNextOfPreviousTrack.

Or simply use the Segue Editor and drop your Jingle into the end of your Song A. That also creates s track insert.

Else why don't you play your Jingles via the Cartwall?

But it is still recommended to use 3 Players.
What is your managers issue with 3 players?