Add stream to scheduler

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
friso
Add stream to scheduler

Post by friso »

Hello

I need to add an external stream to the scheduler for saturday 14:00 - 17:00.
Is this possible, and so yes how can i do this?
The other hours are nonstop.

Friso
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Add stream to scheduler

Post by radio42 »

Two options:

1) create a dedicated program scheduler entry using a dedicated script and specify a script-line using the 'TrackLoad' mode and specify your URL as the script entry (or hold down the CTRL key while pressing on the '...' button).
You might then also specify the 'KeepStreamAlive' and 'KeepStreamLoading' options.

2) Instead of creating a new program entry, you might also modify an existing one and use the MODStreamWatcher feature to stream a URL on top of it.
E.g. you might specify the MODSTREAM_WATCHER_START command in the program's events for 'On Program Started' resp. 'On Program Starting'. And the MODSTREAM_WATCHER_STOP command in the On Program Stopping resp. On Program Stopped.

Alternatively use a Reminder (instead of a Program Scheduler entry) - right-click in the scheduler and select 'Add Reminder...'.
A reminder lets you associate a single control-command to be executed at that time.
As such you might add 2 reminders: one to fire the MODSTREAM_WATCHER_START command and one to fire the MODSTREAM_WATCHER_STOP command.

The MODStreamWatcher commands are explaind here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=57
Enriquetech

Post by Enriquetech »

its posible to add two or more external stream, I have four different shows at different house for different states and of course different IP streaming. its posible programing to schedule for does streamg play automatic on diferents times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, as explained above. For each 'program' you can use a different 'script' using a different URL in your script-line.
Or use a different URL with your MODStream Watcher commands for each reminder.
Enriquetech

Post by Enriquetech »

thanks for you answer. I appreciate you help but is the first time that I use this software and I feel its complicate because the way to explain is not clear, please can you be more specific and show me the way to run and programing at schedule a streaming url, I have other radio and before we buy other ones I would like to understand how this work if no we going to look for other software thanks for you help. maybe is simple for you but I fallow you information and is not working, when I rung the schedule automatic insert 3 or more track with same url and don't let me play the over lays. I attached two file that you can see. thanks
Attachments
02.PNG
02.PNG (55.64 KiB) Viewed 8913 times
01.PNG
01.PNG (35.66 KiB) Viewed 8913 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Before I can give you a precise and easy answer, I need to understand your exact requirement and use-case you are looking for ;-)
You are using terms like "scheduler a URL", "play the over lays" ... and in your screenshots I do see things like "Commercial Break".
So I am not sure, if you:
a) want to create a playlist containing a URL pointing to a regular audio file within the internet
b) want to create a playlist containing a URL pointing to a streaming server (e.g. ICEcast or SHOUTcast stream)
c) want to play a certain URL (stream or file) at a very certain time as an 'overlay' above you regular playlist
d) want to monitor, if a certain streaming URL is online and if yes, play this one above you regular playlist
e) want to play randomly a URL from a given list of URLs
f) want to play URL tracks as commercials
g) ...

However, ... I guess all of the above and even more is possible ... but answering all would be too much for this post ;-)

Upfront here are some links which explain different elements of ProppFrexx ONAIR:

1) The Program Scheduler (using a scripts): viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10

2) The MODStream Watcher: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=57

3) Working with the Advert-Manger: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59

4) Tutorial Videos - to the above can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1018

Here is a screenshot showing a single script, with multiple script-lines, each scheduling a different URLs:
(as you also already posed a screen-shot, I assume you know where to find this)
ScriptURL.jpg
ScriptURL.jpg (135.74 KiB) Viewed 8911 times
Hold down the CTRL-key when clicking on the '...' button at the end of the 'Entry' script-line cell (next to the 'Type' button) to invoke the shown 'Add URL' dialog. Note, that for streaming URLs you can/should specify a maximum play length/duration - as else (if the Duration is set to 00:00:00) the URL would play unlimited resp. til its natural end - which is for streaming URLs typically not desired.
(the number at the end of the 'Entry' value denotes the number of seconds to play the entry)

To add additional script-lines, just press the 'Add' button at the end of dialog.
Also press the '?' icon at the very top right to get a detailed help about all options...

Note, that your can define multiple scripts (.pfs files); each containing different number of script-lines and each containing different URLs...
You can then assign those different scripts to different Program or Overlay Scheduler entries.
Alternative you can also create your own individual playlist with ProppFrexx and then play this entire playlist from within a script, e.g. using the 'LoadPlaylist' script-line mode.

As said at the beginning, I am not sure, if this is what you...
...if not, please explain with a bit more words, what exactly you want to achieve - I am sure we can work this out easily.
Enriquetech

Post by Enriquetech »

OK well I would like to have a contact number and explain better. but this is the problems:
I have my radio station at South Carolina but I want to programming an specific show from other radio using a url streaming from other radio. So this is the stream url that I would like to programming at schedule they may show Monday to Friday am to 11 am
this is the url: http://tunein.streamguys1.com/pandashowradio.mp3 and basicaly I would like to know fow i can programing this url on schedule to automatic play Monday to Friday 8am to 11am.
I did the regular step but when the schedule is running for some reason automatic load 3 or more time the same url at player A-B-C like the previous picture.
I kow maybe is to much to ask but please can you try to programin and take a snapshot and share with me maybe im doing wrong please, i thinks this is the best program
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can record a short video tomorrow.
Enriquetech

Post by Enriquetech »

COOL THANKS I WILL APRECIATE YOUR HELP REALLY THANKS
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Instead of a video I decided to publish a small walkthrough with images, as there are a few things to notice with scheduling streaming URLs.

The major difference when scheduling Streaming URLs instead of audio files is:
- a streaming URL has no defined lenght - i.e. it would plays indefinitely (unless it terminates prematurely)
- a streaming URL might end prematurely (e.g. in case of a network error or the server stops)
- a streaming URL has no defined start; nor any cue-points; thus no real 'Soft' transition to a next program is possible

Also remember:
- a script runs continuously until a new program is scheduled
- meaning all its script-lines are looped
- press the '?' icon at the very top right to get detailed help about any options.
How does a script execute when the Program is started?
- a new playlist is created (by default with 3 DJ Players)
- now the related script is executed and the playlist is scheduled with entries from the script
- this, so that all 3 DJ Players are loaded with tracks and N number of unplayed tracks are in your playlist
(this according to the 'Playlist Look Ahead' option in your general settings, section 'Scripts/Scheduler')

- this also means, that yes NOT ONLY your URL will be scheduled, but also additional tracks are scheduled
- in case your script only contains a single script-line - this also would mean, that this single entry is looped and scheduled multiple times!

At this point you got stuck and said: I don't want this!
But wait a second and rethink: The concept is still good and you actually want this - belive me ;-)
What would happen, if the related URL is unavailable at the time it is scheduled?
What, if the server is e.g. down due to maintenance or whatever other reason?
In such an event you would want to play some else - don't you?!
I believe yes... and this is where the concept comes in handy...
See it like this:
At first the first script-line is scheduled and played - so in case all is perfect, this URL is played for the duration given.
But if the URL in script line is unavailable, then the other script-lines, the other tracks would be played...

As such you can see the 'other' script-lines as your emergency script-lines, just for the case when the initial URL is unavailable.

Your requirement was now to schedule a certain URL (http://tunein.streamguys1.com/pandashowradio.mp3) ever Monday to Friday between 8am and 11am - which is 3 hours.

When we consider the above, a script to schedule this certain URL might look like this:
URLScript.jpg
URLScript.jpg (127.98 KiB) Viewed 8892 times
There are a few things set in the script which are important to notice...

The demo script consists of 3 script-lines. Only the first one contains the URL entry (LoadTrack = http://tunein.streamguys1.com/pandashowradio.mp3|10800).
Remember to hold the CTRL key and click on the '...' button as explained in my previous post to define a URL entry here!
Note the number 10800 at the end of the script-line entry!
This defines the number of seconds to play the URL (see above, a streaming URL has no natural end, so we need to define it here).
10800 seconds are exactly 3 hours.

I then have defined some options with this script-line : SuppressHistoryCheck, SuppressAddHistory, KeepStreamLoading, KeepStreamAlive
The first two options ensure, that the URL entry is not checked and added against our history - as otherwise it might be rejected - meaning for a URL it makes no sense to place or check it against any history.
The other two options (KeepStreamLoading, KeepStreamAlive) will ensure, that a reconnect is tried in case the stream is temporarily not available when loaded to a DJ Player.

The other sub-sequent script-lines are your emergency script lines. Meaning, the first (above) script-line will already play the URL for 3 hours - so if all is good, only this entry will effectively be played during your 3 hour program.
But the other script-lines are needed as explained above.

The global script LoopLine value is set to 2:
The LoopLine parameter defines, that in case a script is looped (as more tracks are queried by the playlist in advance), it will NOT start with the first line again; but with script line number 2.
Here I used some local media libraries which contain some music tracks. In your case you should also create at least one media library with emergency music tracks.

As I explained above, when a new program starts, its playlist is scheduled with tracks from the script, so that all 3 DJ Players are loaded with tracks and N number of unplayed tracks are in your playlist. E.g. 6 tracks in total.
In our case (using the above script), this would now mean:
DJ Player A is loaded with the URL stream.
DJ Player B is loaded with a random track out of a media lib 'Hot'.
DJ Player C is loaded with a random track out of a media lib 'Favorites'.
Plus the playlist will contain a few more unplayed entries also with tracks out of 'Hot' and 'Favorites'.

Plus I defined the global script options SuppressLateStartRollForward, ForceLateStartBeginning
These options just ensure, that in case you manually start your program late (e.g. because you just rebooted the PC) the script will always start with the first script line and never roll-forward in time.

That's it for the script. Now lets take a look to the related Program Scheduler entry:
(open the Program Scheduler from the 'Scheduler' ribbon underneath 'Schedulers')... then navigate to the desired time and right-click and select 'New Recurring Program..-'.
At first you specify your recurrence (Monday til Friday at 8am):
MonFriRecurrence.jpg
MonFriRecurrence.jpg (49.74 KiB) Viewed 8892 times
Start is at 08:00:00
The pattern is Weekly recur every 1 week at Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday; with No End Date.
Click OK and in the next dialog you define the actual Program Scheduler entry, e.g. like this:
URLProgram.jpg
URLProgram.jpg (67.77 KiB) Viewed 8892 times
Note, that for Script' you should select the script lib we just created above.
We are using a 'Fixed' start type in this example, meaning we start exactly at 08:00:00 (8am) and set the End Time to 11:00:00 (11am) - which also gives us a total duration of 3 hours - just like for the URL script-line.
That's it almost. The only option we might play with is the 'Mixing Time' value - see the '?' help for details.
Click OK to save.
Then close the Program Scheduler... and click on the 'Run Scheduler' ribbon button to activate the scheduler.