How to set up a simple news and commercial schedule?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How to set up a simple news and commercial schedule?

Post by radio42 »

There are several possibilities:
1) are you really sure, that your 'news download' completely finished when the overlay starts?
2) have you maybe once created a .pfmd file for the news, which is now being used for all the different files?
3) are your opener/closer tracks maybe containing silence or do they already have correct cue-points set?
4) have you set the 'Combine Parallel Overlays' option?
5) what are your general mixing settings for your 'News' media entry?
You specified 0 for the 'Mixing Time Out' option; which means the 'Next' cue-point is used to resume the overlay.
(click on the '?' icon at the very top of the dialog to get detailed information)

I still don't fully understand what is happening on your system, as you are saying:
a) "the closer jingle overrules the news" - not sure, what this exactly means; but I assume the closer jingles starts too early?
-> it will actually start with the next cue-point of the last news track
b) then you have silence between the News and the subsequent Advert?
-> this can only happen, if you didn't combine the overlays and/or the previous closer jingle contains silence at the end or the opener contains silence at the beginning and no cue-points have been set

I just made a quick test here with almost exactly your setup - but using my files and I did not experiance any issues!
So to understand and reproduce your issue, please send me:
a) all your used scripts and related audio files (from the Nieuws)
b) all your used Opener/Closer files
c) a full zip of your Advert Strorage Path (the entire folder)
You might ca use WeTransfer or alike to send me all this and then I'll try to reproduce...resp. find your issue.