Airence config non stop & starts buttons

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
Airence config non stop & starts buttons

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd,

As you know I'm planning to install a new studio using D&R airence, I've just started to configure the 4 usb tracks with their dedicated starts switches and the pfl players... it was quiet easy, but now I have a problem that I dont know how to solve.
As you probably know, airence got a special function called non stop that route all the audio from usb1 directly to the main out (then you can use the mixdesk to do something else (VT, pre-broadcast....).
I assume there's a way to select the alternative routing (from the routing section) via the airence switches config (I did'nt check at this time).
but then, If I switch to non stop,the starts and ejects from the mixdesk buttons will still be active.
To be more clear, the expected solution would be in common logical language "if non stop switch = 1, then route all audio from the main playlist players to usb 1(or use alternative routing) and ignore Starts & Pfl Buttons"
and the full reverse if non stop switch = 0
Possible or not?

Thanks, & by the way, happy new year.
Bests,
Thomas.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Airence config non stop & starts buttons

Post by radio42 »

Yes, that is possible, but not a totally simple one ;-)
As of course ProppFrexx is not dedicated to D&R, there no such automatic switch internally.
But you can implement something like this yourself in the airence mappings.

There is a control-command to set your own variables: see EXEC_VAR_SET name|value.
And a macro to read the content of the variable: see ${VAR:name}

E.g. with the mapping of the NON STOP switch you can use something like this:
When the NON STOP button is down use: EXEC_VAR_SET NonStop|1
When the NON STOP button is up use: EXEC_VAR_SET NonStop|0

For your Start and Pfl buttons, you can then use the conditional command: EXEC_COMMAND2 to evaluate the variable via the above macro and only call you real command in case the NonStop equals 0 (as a result, the given command is only executed, if the NON STOP switch is up and not pressed).
E.g.:
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${VAR:NonStop}|Equals(0)|PLS_CURRENT_PLAY_A
(PLS_CURRENT_PLAY_A is just an example - here you place whatever command you did use so far for your buttons)

The alternative audio routing within ProppFrexx (see general settings, section 'Routing') can NOT be toggled directly via a control-command on-the fly. As they might be bound to the 'Manual Live-Assist' mode/button this would otherwise messup all the routing. See here for details:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1214

But, you have 2 alternatives:
a) you can toggle the 'Manual Live-Assist' mode via the NON STOP switch on your console using the PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_ON/OFF control-commands.
b) you can manually change the routing of the DJ-Players of all playlists via the control-commands MAIN_ROUTE_DJA/DJB/DJC/DJD_SETDELAYED control-commands.
But you should not mix a) and b) !

a) might be used, in case you ALWAYS want, that when the automatic play out mode of ProppFrexx is active, that you are using the Alternative Rounting. E.g. in your alternative routing you might route all the players to your USB1 related mixer channel, so that everything plays out via this single mixer channel - only one fader needs to be up etc.
Whereas when you toggle back to the manual Live-Assist play out mode, then the routing might be switched back to using dedicated mixer channels per DJ Player etc.
Note, that the switching of the routing is performed in a delayed way: meaning it is not immediate for the currently playing DJ Players (to ensure, that there is no noticable break in the signal), but only toggled once the DJ Player ended his current track.

Let me know, if this is what you are looking for.
moogwill
Re: Airence config non stop & starts buttons

Post by moogwill »

Thanks will try that tonight or tomorrow....

rgrds,
T.