All Proppfrexx data back in place

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
All Proppfrexx data back in place

Post by Bumperke »

Hi Bernd.

As you know, we bought a second version of PF. We are now trying to set up the computer with all of the old data from the other PC. A restore back didn't work, because the computer has a different name. How can i restore my data so PF will load it in.
Things like all my scripts, music library's en scheduler? Can i drop it in a folder?
Files like name.xspf, name.pfs etc?

Wil
radio42
Site Admin
Re: All Proppfrexx data back in place

Post by radio42 »

Yes, you can almost copy all your configuration data manually from your source machine to your target machine.

E.g. if your ProppFrexx AppUserData folder on the source machine is:
C:\Users\ABC\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0

And the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder on the target machine is:
C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0

Just copy all that folder content over to it.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote:Yes, you can almost copy all your configuration data manually from your source machine to your target machine.

E.g. if your ProppFrexx AppUserData folder on the source machine is:
C:\Users\ABC\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0

And the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder on the target machine is:
C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0

Just copy all that folder content over to it.
pf02.jpg
pf02.jpg (243.34 KiB) Viewed 8789 times
Strangly the scheduler doesn't work. I exactly copied everything. PF can't seems to find the scheduler.
Which brings me to the second question.
This PC is main and runs news and advertising.
What do i do to make sure that the system:

1. overrules pc2 when there are live programs, so the news and advertising is running.
Pc 2 works as secondary computer, used for live studio work and voicetracking ect. which brings me to the next question.
2. where can ik find more about GPIO etc?
I need to switch between music-computer (PC1) and Live (PC2)

Will
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: Not sure what you mean by:
1. overrules PC2 ? Can you explain in detail what you are looking for!
2. What exactly are you look for in GPIO?
What do you understand under 'switch between music-computer (PC1) and Live (PC2)'?
This can be various, as I don't know your environment I cannot give a clear answer.
Are you streaming to the internet? If yes, how exactly? How should the music/stream be transitioned?
E.g. if you want to turn off the streaming on PC1 and switch it to PC2, your streaming connection to your server might drop - with all the respective consequences! Is that what you want?
Or are you an FM station with a transmitter signal, which needs to be switched from 1 PC the another? Etc. etc.
See below for details....
You are a big help already. it is a simple set up.
Streaming etc will be another bridge to cross, for now just fixing the 'now' situation.
As PC1 is MAIN and so PLAYout for FM transmitter.
PC1 has 2 lines in.
Line 1 = LIVE studio, Line 2 = modstream.
When we want to start a live program, PC1 has to pick up the signal (LINE 1) and sends that out.
when the LIVE program ends, PC1 has to take over with his regular schedule.
I think that this is the set up you already explained, right?

The GPIO is a simple tool for DJ's to make there voicetracks as fast as possible when thery are in de LIVE studio.
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No ;-)
What I explained (Master/Slave) is a scenario where PC1 (Main) suddenly dies and thus another PC2 (Slave) takes over.

But it might also be a simple 'Line-Feed' scheduling what you are looking for, as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=636&p=1810

But what you describe can also be this... what is called a 'Program Condition'.
See the Program Editor and click on the 'Condition' atthe end of the 'Script' selector button.
Or see here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1016

I am not sure from your info :-)
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote:No ;-)
What I explained (Master/Slave) is a scenario where PC1 (Main) suddenly dies and thus another PC2 (Slave) takes over.

But it might also be a simple 'Line-Feed' scheduling what you are looking for, as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=636&p=1810

But what you describe can also be this... what is called a 'Program Condition'.
See the Program Editor and click on the 'Condition' atthe end of the 'Script' selector button.
Or see here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1016

I am not sure from your info :-)
Just, to be sure. PC1 always plays, but when a DJ wants to play LIVE PC1 audio shuts off and PC2 audio start playing.
Is that program condition or Line FEED scheduling? :shock:
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No - but that can be achieve as well using the already explained Master/Slave mode - see my post before - but do not use the 'Heartbeat Monitoring' in this case.
E.g. on PC2 react on either the OnSetSlave resp. OnSetMaster event and define any control-command to tigger.

I am still not sure what you mean by 'PC2 audio' - whatever that is? Do you want to start a playlist or a scheduler?!

Before you said:
PC1 has 2 lines in. Line 1 = LIVE studio, Line 2 = modstream.
When we want to start a live program, PC1 has to pick up the signal (LINE 1) and sends that out.
when the LIVE program ends, PC1 has to take over with his regular schedule.
So this is not what you are saying now:
but when a DJ wants to play LIVE PC1 audio shuts off and PC2 audio start playing.
This is a different scenario.

So can you try to as detailed as possible describe very exactly what you want to do?!
And what PC1 and PC2 should do in all scenarios?!
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

Pc1 is the playout.
We made a line in on that computer. Pc1 is playing. When somebody makes a liveprogram in the studio, the mixersignal will come into the line in from pc1. Proppfrexx needs to shut to still and transfer the sound from our studio to the transmitter. I can't be more clear than that.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe I have a hard time to underdstand, but what you mean by
Proppfrexx needs to shut to still and transfer the sound from our studio to the transmitter
What is 'shut to still'?
And what do you mean by 'ProppFrexx needs to transfer the sound from our studio to the transmitter'?

ProppFrexx is a playout system, so it can play out things to whatever mixer output channel.
Before you have been talking about 2 PC - this is not what I now see here in your text?

Sorry, but I am lost in your explanations...
percramer

Post by percramer »

Hi Bernd,

so what Will wants to do is have a non-stop pf system and a live studio pf system. We did that quite some times before. So the audio output of the live studio system will be connected to an input of the non-stop system. During normal non-stop hours this input is muted and the server does all music playout. When they do a live show the non-stop system should switch to manual live assist mode AND unmute the line input. And when the live show is finished the non-stop system should switch back to auto play and mute the line input (just to be sure).

So what he should do is :

Switch to live mode
1. Somehow signal the non-stop pf about the switch (ethernet command, gpio button, whatever) and remotely tell Pf to go to live assist mode using the ManualOperation option.
2. Use the OnManualOperationON or OnManualOperationONsoft to unmute the line input. I prefer the last one because that creates a nicer transition because it will wait until the current track is finished, and that is why we came up with the event in the first place ;-)

Switch to non-stop mode
1. Somehow signal the non-stop pf about the switch (ethernet command, gpio button, whatever) and remotely tell Pf to go to aut play mode using the ManualOperation option.
2. Use the OnManualOperationOFF mute the line input. This muting of the line input could also be done directly through the remote command, but in my opinion it is a cleaner solution to use the events.

Options/settings he should think about are:
- The Manual settings and especially the "Advance current playlist to current time" option.
- Silence detection possibilities for when the signal on the line input is lost.

And remote location playout with a mobile studio could work very nicely also with this setup, with silence detection the non-stop pf will even take over when the signal is lost.

The master / slave settings and events could also be used of course, but the steps to do when the event occurs are the similar. There are multiple ways to get to Rome with Pf :D

Greets,

Per