VT Problem

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
VT Problem

Post by Bumperke »

Schermafdruk 2017-01-30 07.18.06.png
Schermafdruk 2017-01-30 07.18.06.png (166.42 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
We started with our new programlist and did that with RVT.
At this moment the playlist is playing and PF does not play the stationcalls and recorder VT files.
The screen shows all but PF doens't play it

All uploads are stored in the same folder, PF puts them there.
Is all that correct?
It seems that RVT didn't uploaded the recorded VREC files, how is that possible?
So PF does not load up the VREC files. That is a lot of extra works, we now have to check every seperate folder so far. And the majority miss ALL VREC files.

I have been browsing into the saved folders which play as it should be, there is a map called ~rvt. How is that imported, for that stores all playlist WMA files?
I looks like PF plays these .wma files in the Voicetrack session, is that correct?
What to do so we can solve this problem?

Will
radio42
Site Admin
Re: VT Problem

Post by radio42 »

In your playlist I see, that there are still several .wma files?! And that it seems, that your are using a shared network folder (H:\)?
I assume, that the remote playlist as well as the remote files have not been transmitted correctly; or that maybe two parallel voice tracking session have been working on the same hour or that your started the remote voice tracking on the same same local and remote folder in parallel (e.g. server and client are both using the same H:\... folder?) or that your already modified the local playlist, while a remote client was still working on it as well?
Hard to say, as I don't know any further details about how you exactly did your RVT session.
I can just say, that many many users are using RVT without any issue - so there must be something going wrong in your case/setup...

Please explain what options you used for Remote Voice Tracking?
What PCs you used (have you used different PCs)?
What exact folders you have used on the remote (client) side AND on the local (server) side?
How you did the upload on the client side?
If you modified anything in between on the local (server) side?
If you maybe started a 2nd RVT session in parallel on the same hour from another PC?
If you selected the 'Remove Physical File' in the Upload Wizard (I assume not)?

In addition, please tell me, what exact files are located in these folders:
- the local (server) remote voice tracking folder
- the remote (client) remote voice tracking folder
- are these maybe the same? IF yes, that is your error!

However, the "~rvt" folder (on the server side) just contains the compressed versions of the original audio files.
On the client side there should never be any "~rvt" folder!
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

Hi Bernd, much thxs to Per Kramer. During the time we made a lot of mistakes which brings failures. This system is advanced, it can be in details. It's fixed.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

OKi, good to hear, that its solved!
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

Bernd, right. Per also explained this. So far all the confusion. I, don't ask me why, was expecting something different I guessed. But this problem is solved. You also provided Per with two, I must say, intelligent solutions concerning upload etc. When I read the options It put a smile on my face.
This was RVT for dummy's I thought. Both where as simple as logical, so this build will also make life much easier. Thxs for your patience, for Per also. We are on the run again.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just received your video' which Per did send me as well.
I guess the 'main' confusion is about 'renaming' files ;-)

Let me try to explain this, to solve that confusion:
When you do a Remote Voice Tracking session on a client machine, you not only modify an existing playlist with the existing audio files (which you downloaded beforehand); you also add new files to this playlist.
These new files are typically your recorded Voice Tracking files. These local Voice Tracking file do get a certain local filename, e.g. their filename is something like "VREC_<timestamp>.wav".
But you might also add other files to the playlist.

Once you finished your Remote session and upload all back again to the server, not only the playlist file, but also ALL new files are uploaded as well.
All new files (incl. your VREC_... files) are renamed when uploaded back to the server! This to ensure, that there is no filename conflict, in case multiple clients are working subsequently remotely with it!
Thus, ALL new files are renamed to a new filename starting with the character "n" followed by a unique number.
E.g. a local file called "VREC_20170130_083527.wav" will be renamed to a file called "n3008360007000.wav" on the server side!
The playlist is adjusted accordingly - the file is however still the same (incl. its meta data tags) - just its filename has changed!