How can i fix this

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
How can i fix this

Post by Bumperke »

I've updated PF and when I try to voicetrack I get this failure.
What can I do to fix that?
It says: the encoder could not be started, error: BASS_ERROR_CREATE

Will
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How can i fix this

Post by radio42 »

Are you talking about Voice Tracking or Remote Voice Tracking?
However, it sounds like your encoder profile that you are using is invalid. Eg. some encoders (eg. MP3, AAC or other) restrict certain sample rate and compression rates.

If you are talking about Remote VT this might apply to your compression format as well.
Also make sure that both client and server are using the same version.

But if you would tell me the exact message and exactly where you are getting it (i.e. incl. a screen shot) it would help me identify your issue.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 18 Feb 2017 17:20 Are you talking about Voice Tracking or Remote Voice Tracking?
However, it sounds like your encoder profile that you are using is invalid. Eg. some encoders (eg. MP3, AAC or other) restrict certain sample rate and compression rates.

If you are talking about Remote VT this might apply to your compression format as well.
Also make sure that both client and server are using the same version.

But if you would tell me the exact message and exactly where you are getting it (i.e. incl. a screen shot) it would help me identify your issue.
PFREX04.jpg
So far it happens in an RVT screen. I' m able to use all, the exception starts at RVT. All computers are using the same versions. Where do I pick up extra messages? I never removed anything from the computer.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for the screenshot.
This error message indicates, that the recording output file couldn't be created.
E.g. because the path is inaccessible or the filename is invalid.
As it seems, that you are using a mapped network drive (H:\...) it might must probably be a network issue with this drive/folder.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 18 Feb 2017 18:24 Thanks for the screenshot.
This error message indicates, that the recording output file couldn't be created.
E.g. because the path is inaccessible or the filename is invalid.
As it seems, that you are using a mapped network drive (H:\...) it might must probably be a network issue with this drive/folder.
Super and Thxs Bernd, first thing tomorrow 😀🙏🏻
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In case H:\... is a NAS, make sure it doesn't go to offline or into sleep.
If it is a networked mapped drive, make sure Windows did reconnect it - i.e. Windows might not automatically reconnect it; but only when you first access it - however, if this first access is a file create/write operation, this will fail.