Overlay scheduler not playing

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Overlay scheduler not playing

Post by Bumperke »

Since tonight our overlay with news en commercials is not playing anymore.
PF shows the regular announcement in the screen but it is not playing.
PFno overlay.jpg
This happens out of the blue
this is the scheduler,
Schermafdruk 2017-03-01 13.27.53.png
Can you tell me what might be wrong? Nothing has been changed.
Will

EDIT: Since the same time the musicfiles do have drop-outs
Last edited by Bumperke on 01 Mar 2017 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Bumperke
Re: Overlay scheduler not playing

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 01 Mar 2017 14:25 So the question is what have you changed last night? As I have not changed anything as well?!
But as the problem suddenly appeared, something must have changed...

E.g. check your 'Routing' for the Overlay Player in the general settings and see, if this was changed to an invalid mixer channel.

And furthermore please clarify what exactly happens, it seems, that the Overlay Player actually does start and also load all it's desired tracks, but it doesn't start its playback when due?
I also do not understand your drawn arrows in the last screen shot?

Do ALL your overlays NOT start anymore ... or only one or certain overlays?

To better find out what exactly is happening, please enable the 'Debug Logging' and when this happens again, send me your debug .log file and the exact ProppFrexx version number you are using.
I see what you mean, both STREAM and OUT don't play out anymore. Could that be the problem? When i restore the system (last backup28-2-17) can i than tackle the problem? Oh and where can i find debug logs?
Thxs
Will
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

It seems that we fixed everything again.
Perhaps a good idea to have an opportunity to save the mixer setttings as a back up seperate?
Thxs Bernd
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That already exists ;-)
There is a full backup and restore feature AND also you can save your entire mixer settings - see the Main Mixer channels 'SETUP' button.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So the question is what have you changed last night? As I have not changed anything as well?!
But as the problem suddenly appeared, something must have changed...

E.g. check your 'Routing' for the Overlay Player in the general settings and see, if this was changed to an invalid mixer channel.

And furthermore please clarify what exactly happens, it seems, that the Overlay Player actually does start and also load all it's desired tracks, but it doesn't start its playback when due?
I also do not understand your drawn arrows in the last screen shot?

Do ALL your overlays NOT start anymore ... or only one or certain overlays?

To better find out what exactly is happening, please enable the 'Debug Logging' and when this happens again, send me your debug .log file and the exact ProppFrexx version number you are using.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, if those stream cannot be played anymore - that is exactly the problem!
You can try to make a right-click on the related mixer channel names and select 'Recreate and Reset' to see, if this can restart the output?!

In the above case I guess we don't need a 'Debug Logging' (which you can activate in the general settings, section 'More Stuff'), as it sounds like you have a sound card issue. E.g. your sound card stopped working.
If the above mentioned 'Recreate and Reset' does not help; I am affraid you need to either restart ProppFrexx or even restart your entire PC.

Then we/you should investigate what made the sound card stop working?
There are a few possibilities. The most obvious one is, that maybe an unattended update happened last night?
Enriquetech
Advertising Overlys now playing

Post by Enriquetech »

Hello I have a problems with advertising overlys, I juts programed two slot for time*15 and *45 I create the parner and the overlys recurrents, all look fine, when is time to play the overlys is showing me a windows with the future incoming overlys and when is time to play is not playing . I attached some pictures that you can see aboout my setting and please help me
Attachments
01.PNG
Enriquetech

Post by Enriquetech »

other setting pictures
Attachments
07.PNG
06.PNG
03.PNG
Enriquetech

Post by Enriquetech »

but please the previus picture , I dont know what im doing wrong, or if you can please connect to my computer trhu teamviewer let me know when is goo time for you please thnaks
Attachments
08.PNG
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I send you a PM regarding a TeamViewer session.
But you have missed to post the most important screen (the Overlay Scheduler entry settings ;-)

However, in your Campaign: Why have you changed the FixedPrice to $0.00 and set the 'Max. Playouts' to 1 ?!
Please press the small '?' icon at the very top right of your dialog to get detailed info about your settings.
Maximum Playouts:
If a fixed price is defined you might limit the number of playouts here. If 0 no limit is used.

With these settings the compaign would only be played once! So you might want to set the 'Max. Playouts' back to its default value of 0.