"Forgotten" songs

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
RadioMaxDK
"Forgotten" songs

Post by RadioMaxDK »

Hi. I use the LeastRecentlyPlayed in the script for my songs, and SuppressHistoryCheck. Then I keep my songs in playlists: A rotation, B, C, Hot recurrent and so on.
Most of the time this is fine, but I had a 2nd recurrent playing every two hours, which was not fine. I had to delete the song.
But now to my question: In the screenshot it's almost perfect with two plays every hour, but the two songs in the bottom are "forgotten".

What could be the problem?

Thank you!
Attachments
Skærmbillede 2017-03-18 kl. 20.21.20.png
radio42
Site Admin
Re: "Forgotten" songs

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure what you mean by "forgotten".
Can you explain a bit more in detail what you mean by this?!

When tracks are repeated depend on the size of your playlists and your history settings.
The LastRecentlyPlayed mode picks a random track from all tracks having the same age in days.
Eg. If all your tracks are almost played within a single day, this is almost equal to the ordinary Random mode. In that case try the LastTimesPlayed mode.
RadioMaxDK

Post by RadioMaxDK »

I mean that PF should play a track "from the top of the playlist" and then put it at the bottom, just like in the old days with a CD the top of a playlist, that is then placed at the bottom. If PF played the songs in my playlist evenly, the song Heartbeat should be played at 2AM this morning, but it was played yesterday at 11AM :o
That means that other songs are repeated more often
(Sorry for my bad English, hope you understand)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That old mode is called 'Sequential' in ProppFrexx.
RadioMaxDK

Post by RadioMaxDK »

Ok, I could try Sequential and see how that works out for my music flow. But in my example, Christopher - Heartbeat is "the least recently" played song.
Why does PF ignore that song two times every hour for half a day?
Thank you
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am pretty sure, that PF does not ignore songs, except it's explicitly told, eg. via a restriction or rule.

How often do you use that media lib? And how many tracks are contained in your media lib.
Please send me your script to take a look at.

And in case you pre generate your playlists in advance, eg for the next day; note that the entry statistics are only updated once the track is effectively played out.
RadioMaxDK

Post by RadioMaxDK »

It is used two times every hour, and 33 songs are in the category. That means that after about 16 hours, we should have played all the songs.
Until now we have only used dynamic generated playlists.
Right now it is Shawn Mendes, Treat you better that is at the bottom, and still hasn't been played after 24 hours.
Script is attached (the rest of the lines you can't see is the same type of song-settings)
Attachments
Skærmbillede 2017-03-19 kl. 11.37.23.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When the media lib contains only 33 tracks and it is used to schedule 16 hours of music, then probably all tracks are played on the same day.
Again, as explained above, the 'LastRecentlyPlayed' mode picks a random track from all tracks having the same age in 'days'!
Eg. If all your tracks are almost played within a single day, this is almost equal to the ordinary 'Random' mode - which might repeat tracks more often. In that case try the 'LastTimesPlayed' mode, which uses the Play Count instead of the last played day.