Proppfrexx not launching anymore

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Tintin513
Proppfrexx not launching anymore

Post by Tintin513 »

Hi !

Nothing has changed in my setup but from one day to another, Proppfrexx now stays blocked on "please wait, restoring layout" and never launches.. Any idea how I can make it run again ?

Q.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Proppfrexx not launching anymore

Post by radio42 »

Please try to delete the file called "ProppFrexx ONAIR.layout" (contained in your AppUserData folder), it probably got corrupted, maybe due to a harddisk defect?!
RadioMaxDK

Post by RadioMaxDK »

Hi. I have a guy that's doing remote voicetrack, where this keeps happening (please wait, restoring layout).
I don't know the state of the PC, but this is the only error he keeps getting, everything else is ok. I remove the ONAIR.layout file, and everything is fine for a month.
Is there any details I can provide you with, Bernd, that can help us resolve the issue?
Thanks.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don't think so; he maybe should check his hard disk - maybe a defect there?
Else I wouldn't know where to look at.
Typically the .layout file got corrupted (I guess) and if that is the case it wouldn't even make sense to send that to me.
Each .layout is dependent on the attached monitors and graphics card - so, as that is even different for me; I couldn't even test his .layout file.

Does he maybe use a laptop and uses different external devices while moving around?
RadioMaxDK

Post by RadioMaxDK »

Hi, it isn't a laptop, and I've just checked the HD for errors with the HD vendors own program. No errors.
I think I'll wait until it happens again, maybe we can learn something from the broken file.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes. Send it to me, if it happens again...