Specific Media Type on DJ PLAYER B

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
marinohb
Specific Media Type on DJ PLAYER B

Post by marinohb »

Hello,
How can I play an specific media type (sweeper) on the DJ Player B and the songs on the DJ Player A?

My main goal is to play automatically a DRY Sweepper on the intro of the song. So the Dry Sweppers is played at the same time as the song starts.

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Specific Media Type on DJ PLAYER B

Post by radio42 »

You cannot assign a certain media type to a certain DJ Player. Eg what should happen if you play the same media type subsequently.

Regarging Sweepers : take a look to the General section here in the user forum. There you can find 2 tutorial videos about sweepers.
Else, please explain in a bit more detail what exactly you want to achieve.

Note, that you can also assign automatic sweepers to a script-line. See the script-line options and click on the arrow icon.

Or you can assign an automatic Track Insert Transition to a certain media type, see general settings, section Mixing and then click on the Mixing per Media Type button.
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

I do music scheduling on Powergold, it matches the song ramp length with the exact dry swepper available on the library with the same length and if the ramp is 0 seconds it inserts a plain swepper (with effects) just before the song along with other properties.

So what I would need to do is that the media type called "Dry Sweppers" be inserted and played on the START of the song that goes next, what's the setting that I need on the automatic Track Insert Transition to a certain media type? Start with Fulll evel of next track for Dry Sweppers? None for Plain Sweppers?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When you are importing from Powergold, you have 2 options:

a) use a certain MediaType (as given in the event type column) and then set the Automatic Track-Insert-Transition for that media type in the general settings, section mixing -> "Mixing per Media Type...".
In Powergold you can use the following event type values:
MUS = Music
ANN = Announcement
NEW = News
LOC = Local
ADD = Advertising
REP = Report
EFF = SoundEffect
PRO = Promo
COM = Commercial
SWP = Sweeper
DRP = DropIn
SID = StationID
SPO = Sports
LOG = Logo
LIN = Liner
INT = Intro
BED = Bed
HOT = Hot
MU2 = Music2
SHW = Show
OTH = Other
TRF = Traffic
MSC = Miscellaneous
US1 = User1
US4 = User4
WEA = Weather

b) The 2nd option is to specify a certain 'CueType' value in the poewergold export - which is a single character, which defines the segue of that track:
'@' : Fixed (hard-sync at nominal time)
'+' : Soft
'|' : Manual/Pause
'-' : Fixed EndsAt (nominal time)
'*' : VoiceOver 'Ends with Ramp of Next Track' Transition
':' : VoiceOver 'Start with Outro of Previous Track' Transition
'~' : Uses the Transition as defined in the general settings, section Mixing - 'Sweeper Mode'
'>' : VoiceOver 'Regular But Protect Ramp Of Next Track' Transition*
'<' : VoiceOver 'Regular But Protect Ramp Of Next Track' Transition*

*:not yet implemented, comming in a next future version of ProppFrexx

With what you are saying, it sounds like you should use the "VO_RegularButProtectRampOfNextTrack" transition type - i.e. set this as your defualt transition type (Sweeper Mode) in the general setting, section 'Mixing'!
And then use the '~' cue type in your Powergold export!