Create Ad Block with External Music Scheduler

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
marinohb
Create Ad Block with External Music Scheduler

Post by marinohb »

Hello,

I would like to schedule ads with Advertising Manager in the exact time where I added the automation command on Powergold. How can I do it so it plays in the right time (not after, not before)?

Let me know,
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Create Ad Block with External Music Scheduler

Post by radio42 »

Please take a look here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=701

This post actually described the integration with Music1, but this is actually exactly the same as for PowerGold.

In order to schedule 'Advert-Blocks', you can use what is described under "Special Filename (Cart) handling" - in the post above.
I.e. as the filename you do not specify a physical filename, but a dynamic entry with the following syntax:
OVERLAY:<referencename> (Example: OVERLAY:OVL45)
ADVERT:<slotname> (Example: ADVERT:ADD_Mo1700)
This then triggers and plays the related advert/overlay at exactly this point in time within your imported playlist and the automatic overlay scheduler entries are suppressed automatically whenever such a dynamic entry is found in your playlist.
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

Do I need to create different ovelays in different times?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, you still need to create the overlays as if they would be scheduled without the dynamic overlay playlist entries.
This is because the dynamic overlay entries try to find the matching overlay within the overlay scheduler +/- 30 minutes around their playlist starttime.
As such, you schedule overlay entries in your overlay scheduler with a certain date and time (e.g. an entry with a Refecense 'ABC' might be scheduled at 10:15h), but when using a dynamic overlay entry within a playlist (referencing 'ABC'), this will actually suppress all automatic scheduling and the entry (which might effectively start at 10:22h) will trigger its playback within a DJ Player (instead of the Overlay Player).
In the example given the entry at 10:22h will try to find an overlay scheduler entry with a reference 'ABC' between 9:52h and 10:52h.

So you also need to make sure, that your Reference names are unique within each 1 hour block around the overlay itself (+/- 30 minutes).
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

Please check if I understand, if I have 2 commercials breaks on 1 hour it should be like this:

**Asign the command**
AD BREAK 1 at 00:25 : OVERLAY:<ADBLOCK1>
AD BREAK 2 00:45 : OVERLAY:<ADBLOCK2>

And then create 2 overlays per hour with the name of OVERLAY:<ADBLOCK1> and OVERLAY:<ADBLOCK2>:
Settings of the overlay:
  • Type: AdvertSlot
  • Start Type: Fixed
  • Start Time: 00:25
Let me know,
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, the name of the overlay can be whatever you like, but the 'Refecence Name' should be 'ADBLOCK1' resp. 'ADBLOCK2'.
Just as shown in the picture below:
AdBlock.jpg
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Can i use my Music1 for my external scheduling system on ProppFrexx?

Do uou have a sample?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, Music1 is since many years a supported log format for advert import. Eg. see here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... 2087#p2087