overlays as playllist inserts

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
overlays as playllist inserts

Post by moogwill »

HI All,

I change some of my overlays from overlay player to playlist inserts, and I'm now facing an unexpected situation :roll: Is there a way to include in remote VT sessions, the overlays that are playing as "playllist inserts"?

Thanks.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: overlays as playllist inserts

Post by radio42 »

Yes, the RVT session you have an option called 'Resolve Overlays' this is what you need to set.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Sorry Bernd, I didn't mean remote VT it was a mistake., I mean on the main computer running the program, If I Want a show runner to be able to record voicetracks for the next day or for another show, if he opens the playlist from the scheduler, playlist inserts does'nt resolve to the generated playlist.
When the playlist is generated from a distant location, overlays are in the playlist.
When the playlist is generated from the studio no overlays.

By the way is there an easy way to erase a generated playlist in the scheduler?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When your use the 'Playlist Template Wizard' to create a playlist film in advance preparation you will have the same option as well.

When you do a live playlist already scheduled you also have an according playlist ribbon tab item to resolve Overlays adhoc.

So all should be possible.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

well; let me explain what happened. If I Select a show from the scheduler, and generate a playlist using the create playlist template, no matter if resolve overlays to playlist is selected, there's no overlays in the generated playlist (it works fine when I do that remotely from home to do some remote voicetracking).
when I use the button from the ribbon to resolve overlays to this same playlist, then, one overlay is red and placed before the actual begining of the playlist, a few ones are inserted as they should be and I've got many overlays left at the end of the playlist (More than I should play).

Some pictures of the different states are in the .zip

Thanks,
T.
Attachments
Images.rar
(220.73 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Actually I cannot see much on your screen pictures - they are very blurred and the important parts of the screen are sometimes missing.

Can you please send me your "Overlay.calendar" file (it is contained in your 'Advert Storage Path').
Then I would need to know how you defined your program scheduler entry for which you try to create your playlist from.
Incl. the related script being used in this program.
Either make real screenshots or also send me your program scheduler .calendar file as well as the used .pfs script file (used in the related program)

It somehow looks like either the program or the script are somehow strangely defined.... but I need these above mentioned files to take a look at. From the screen shots I cannot see anything.

Also let me know, which exact version you are using.

Note, that it might be easier if you take real screen shots (and do not make unsharp pictures with your phone). You can press the 'Print' button on your keyboard to create a screen shot to the clipboard, which you then can paste to...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess you do not need to provide any further data.
I did some more dry tests based on your pictures and indeed found a bug.

A new v4.0.3.35 update is available - so please "Check for Updates..."
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I was right making a zip of all files when I finally read your post.. OK will try the update, in the afternoon. thanks
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

perfect.... thanks Bernd.
T.