Making playlists for Rvt

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Making playlists for Rvt

Post by Bumperke »

Hi Bernd.
Another question related to playlists. I try to explain.
Every week there is a 2 hour show with chancing playlists. The PF scheduler has to load the playlist ( not change a thing). We compose every week a new playlist. The Dj must be able to load the playlist and remote voicetrack this. Is that possible? How to do so?
Will :D
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Making playlists for Rvt

Post by radio42 »

Yes.
You might 'simply' create a script, which uses as its first script-line the 'LoadPlaylist' mode. This then points to your playlist file which you have created in advance for every week, i.e. you can use a static filename to always the same playlist file.
You might then (just to be sure in case your playlist might be short) add a 2nd script-line to pick a random track for any media library and set the script's 'LoopLine' value to 2 (to make sure your 1st script-line is only executed once)!

Then create a program entry in your program scheduler and use this script. Make sure to set the 'AllowRomoteVoiceTracking' option in your program entry.

Finally you resp. your DJs can perform remote voice tracking of this program entry, as explained in the 'Remote Voice Tracking' tutorial video here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1018

Note, that you need an Enterprise Edition on the server side, but can use any Edition (e.g. a Premium) on the client side.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

Works as expected, now I drop several playlists and PF needs to select every week another playlist. How to do that? The files have weeknumbers. How does Pf deletes already played playlists?
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am afraid I cannot follow what you are trying to say.
Can you explain with a bit more details what exactly you want to do?

As you specify the location and file name of the playlist in the script itself, I am not sure what you mean.
You simply have to provide a new playlist each week day whatsoever.
You might also use one of the global resp. script/scheduler macros within the location or file name to make them more dynamic. Take a look to the Appendix of the User Manual. E.g. You can use date and time macros, so that the playlist File name will be composed according to the current start time of the related program.
Example:
${start_yyyy} ${start_MM} ${start_dd}
or
${start_week}

But the provisioning of the playlist is of course up to you - as you wanted to do this according to your initial post!

ProppFrexx however never deletes files! This is up to you... to do the clean up; but as playlist files doesn't take much space, I guess you can store thousands of files without running out of space...
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 22 May 2017 20:24 As you specify the location and file name of the playlist in the script itself, I am not sure what you mean.
You simply have to provide a new playlist each week day whatsoever.
You might also use one of the global resp. script/scheduler macros within the location or file name to make them more dynamic. Take a look to the Appendix of the User Manual. E.g. You can use date and time macros, so that the playlist File name will be composed according to the current start time of the related program.
Example:
${start_yyyy} ${start_MM} ${start_dd}
or
${start_week}
I will try to explain.
The show is once every week. The total is 3 hours. The guy already made playlists and seperated them in different folders (uur1, uur2 etc). Now he wants to voicetrack them from his home (client). But he is not allowed to work at our playout system (Server)

Now when he selects a future date but RVT list he always provides him with the same one.
Pic2.jpg
Did i designed the script rights (see pic2)? ENTRY Says : H:\1.Zaterdagmiddag gebeurtenis\UUR1\Week 31 1982.pfp
PIC1.jpg
The second one is the folder structure.
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

I think @Bumperke would like to have a opportunity to have an automatic playlist load adder to a script, although the file name differs.

I´ve had the same problem for years with folder and playlist names like the show date, but my experience is: don´t do all the stuff with automatisms. I schedule every week at mondays and create empty playlists, which I manually add to the script load line. Doing it this way you don´t forget anything and it can´t crash at the background because you only know if such an automatism is working, when the show is loading, which is too late for any changes.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

meisterpropper wrote: 24 May 2017 15:21 I think @Bumperke would like to have a opportunity to have an automatic playlist load adder to a script, although the file name differs.

I´ve had the same problem for years with folder and playlist names like the show date, but my experience is: don´t do all the stuff with automatisms. I schedule every week at mondays and create empty playlists, which I manually add to the script load line. Doing it this way you don´t forget anything and it can´t crash at the background because you only know if such an automatism is working, when the show is loading, which is too late for any changes.
Thxs 4 your reaction Meisterpropper. CleanMaster of the universe. The prblem is that there is during the holidays not enough knowledge nd realiibility to leave it to other people for now. There for this 'complicated' solution.
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I understand, that he wantsa dynamic way... and that is why I explained how to use macros in his script line...

E.g. instead of using:
LoadPlaylist, Z:\SomeFolder\Week-21.pfp

you can use:
LoadPlaylist, Z:\SomeFolder\Week-${start_week}.pfp

This will resolve dynamically to the effective file name at runtime... depending of the effective week you have selected...

As explained, there are a few more macros which you can use, see the Appendix of the User Manaul for all 'Global' and all 'Script/Sceheduler' macros which can be used...