Default scripts folder

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bo98A
Default scripts folder

Post by Bo98A »

Is there a way to change the default scripts folder from AppData to elsewhere (e.g. a network drive)? Specifically I would like to have the Playlist Template Wizard to not generate scripts in the local drive but rather in the network drive, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it unless I'm missing it.

The -config launch option probably covers it and I'll use it if necessary, but it doesn't make sense for scripts that are going to be used globally to be stored in a folder for a specific PC.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Default scripts folder

Post by radio42 »

Yes, but it is not really intuitive to change this location.
Whenever you manually create a new script from the Script Library Management (button 'New Script').
You might specify a new Filename.
Click on the '...' at the end to select a new location incl. a new target folder.
Now the 'as Default Location' option becomes active. If set and you now click on 'OK', this selected folder will become the new Default Location for all subsequent scripts.
DefaultScriptLocation.jpg
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

Thanks, Bernd!

It works fine though there seems to be a bug with UNC paths and the Playlist Template Wizard. If I change the script path to "\\NAS\ProppFrexx\Scripts" and the playlist template base folder to "\\NAS\ProppFrexx\Generated playlists", the LoadPlaylist path in the generated playlist template script is incorrectly "\\NAS\ProppFrexx\Scripts\NAS\ProppFrexx\Generated playlists\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_${start_HH}${start_mm}\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_${start_HH}${start_mm}.pfp"
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll take a look at it...
...found the issue, will be fixed in an update very soon!