Songs in dbase played les then 40 seconds

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Songs in dbase played les then 40 seconds

Post by radio42 »

OKay, I'll wait for your tracks...

Regarding your script: I still can not really follow. As said, there might be lines skipped due to the history or entries being deferred due to script rules - I can not tell this from these simple screenshots.
So let's do the following:

a) add the column 'SourceInfo' to your playlist view (right-click on the column header and select the 'Column Chooser', from this column chooser dialog you can drag the 'SourceInfo' column into your playlist)
-> this 'SourceInfo' column exactly tells you from which script-line an entry is coming from.

b) enable the 'Debug Logging' option in the general settings, section 'More Stuff'
-> this will generate a debug .log file in your general log folder (see general settings)

Now you generate a playlist again and if that is wrong again you can send me your playlist with the fully visible 'SourceInfo' column and in addition the Debug .log file. And then I am sure we find the explanation why you believe something is wrong or if it is right!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Regarding your _synced_.pfp file you send me and your tracks are too short issue.
It looks, like some of your MP3 tracks are maybe corrupt or incorrectly encoded.
Note, that ProppFrexx initially shows the duration of the track as reported/read from the file header (MP3 info).
E.g.
The track "Hardwell Austin Mahone - Creatures Of The Night" is contained twice in your folder:
1) in the sub-folder "getagd" with a length of 3:01 and Bitrate of 320 kbps - which seems correct!
but
2) in the sub-folder "3. HOT HITS UP" with a length of 0:29 and a Bitrate of 246335 kbps - which seems totally wrong

So I assume your files are simply not okay!?

Maybe you can send me the file "3. HOT HITS UP\Hardwell & Austin Mahone - Creatures Of The Night.mp3"

There seems to be various other files which are report a totally weird bitrate and a very short duration - so may be the problem comes from the same source here?! Maybe you can identify from where all the files are coming? Have you decoded them from a CD? Have you purchased them from a certain source? - or where are they coming from?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Form the current investiation it looks like the following:

a) tracks play too short:
They actually do not play short! but only the duration of the entry in the media lib initially 'looks' short.
The reason for this seems to be, that its MP3 files, which are synced/copied/download from a remote PC in a quite slow fashion. During the download the rescan of the media lib is performed; as such half-downloaded files are scannned; which result for mp3 files in being reported with a 'short' duration.
-> the synced/copied/download process needs to be aligned; resp. the rescan should only be performed once the download is complete.

b) playlist issue:
This one seems as simple as just being an issue with a too big global history, which results in skipping certain script-lines due to constant history violations on almost all tracks in the related media libs.
-> the global history settings should be adjusted according to this tutorial: https://youtu.be/fJknoxnXOAQ