Songs in dbase played les then 40 seconds

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Songs in dbase played les then 40 seconds

Post by Bumperke »

This is something strange we've experienced already before.
The situation :
The new hits are selected in three different folders, up, middle and low. Everybody uses the same databases.
Whenever you're live or making a voicetrack, you have to download your playlist from the server ( enterprise version). So for, so good.
During these situation happens the following! Songs from the new hits folders are played for less than 40 seconds. Than another song starts. We have already deleted the sync.pfp and sync.bak in al folders. But this situation keeps going on.

Like I told this happened before, about 3 months ago. During that stage you looked into the server and deleted the sync and all other related files and the problem seems solved. Now it starts again. Now the situation is quite equal from the first situation.
We refreshed the dbase, run a rescan! No changes. Maybe you know what to do, this is quite annoying.
Will
Bumperke
Re: Songs in dbase played les then 40 seconds

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 05 Jul 2017 09:02 Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue here - also so far no other user reported something like this.
So I can only assume, that it must be something local with your audio files or your folders or the way you are working.

Also explain, what your mean my 'everybody uses the same database'?!
- what database? (or do your mean, the folder or folder content)
- why would you need to download a playlist when you are live? (or are you talking about remote voice tracking - but this is never live?!)
- How do you copy tracks to your folder resp. how do you synchronize the files?

The last time we looked into your folder the cue-points (CueIn and CueOut) have simply be defined incorrectly, so that tracks of course only played between CueIn and CueOut for 40 sec.
That's why we removed the _synced_.pfp (in which the cue-points have been saved) and rebuilded it - after that all was okay.

Maybe a user or process modified this file or maybe your Automatic CuePoint Detection settings (Mixing per Media Type) are incorrect?

So please send me your _synced_.pfp and a sample file which only plays 40 sec. to take a look at.
I will send the synced_.pfp. over email, oké?
We just loaded up the songs into the folders and did rescan the folders.
Strangly enough, since the start of this week the scripts also looks totally different from the loaded list for VT. See the pics.
PF03 in the script.
PF04 and PF05 shows the selected playlist. I already tested the script with random instead of Sequential. It shows no difference.
I've selected 15 songs and 6 promos and i'll get a lot more.
Attachments
PF05.jpg
PF04.jpg
PF03.jpg
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for sending the _synced_.pfp - but the other info is missing, incl. the audio file which plays to short.
With just the _synced_.pfp file I cannot do anything.

- why would you need to download a playlist when you are live? (or are you talking about remote voice tracking - but this is never live?!)

For the screenshots:
Being honest, I can absolutely not follow with what you mean?!
You showed above 1 script file and 2 playlist files, so?:
- how are they related?
- what is wrong?
- why are so many entries scratched out? (what do you want to hide here?)
- what is your expected result?

-> Finally what do you expect me to discover in your pictures?
I am a bit lost here!
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

Answering your questions and to make it complete:
- what database? (or do your mean, the folder or folder content) the dbase are songs from all musicfolders, I guess it’s a saying. A bit confusing for you, sorry
- why would you need to download a playlist when you are live? (or are you talking about remote voice tracking - but this is never live?!) everybody uses the same formats and to be certain that all music in regulairy played, every dj has to download his show by using RVT and plays it live. Our Playout server playes at that time as backbone the some music, nonstop with promos etc.
- How do you copy tracks to your folder resp. how do you synchronize the files? We just drop the new files into the folders and let PF do a rescan.

The last time we looked into your folder the cue-points (CueIn and CueOut) have simply be defined incorrectly, so that tracks of course only played between CueIn and CueOut for 40 sec.
That's why we removed the _synced_.pfp (in which the cue-points have been saved) and rebuilded it - after that all was okay. We did the exact same procedure, but the problem was not fixed.

Maybe a user or process modified this file or maybe your Automatic CuePoint Detection settings (Mixing per Media Type) are incorrect? There are only 2 people working in PF, I’m the only one working in the admin modus, so every change I do, I do first check and then. We looked at all videos.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 05 Jul 2017 16:50
For the screenshots:
Being honest, I can absolutely not follow with what you mean?!
You showed above 1 script file and 2 playlist files, so?:
1 how are they related?
2 what is wrong?
3 why are so many entries scratched out? (what do you want to hide here?)
4 what is your expected result?
1- The script is called, the other 2 playlist are the result. I start asking start with a song and PF picks 2 files from other folders as you van see.
2- The script should be like the playlist?
3- There is nothing to hide except the names of the DJs ( private info for users only)
4- My expectation is that the script shows what i ask. Not a lot more ( see the first 3 lines in the playlist, that does not realate to the script. So something most go wrong. Question is, what and were.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

everybody uses the same formats and to be certain that all music in regulairy played, every dj has to download his show by using RVT and plays it live
This is what I do not understand: RVT typically means you download a playlist from the server incl. the (compressed) files to do your voice overs and the your close the session and upload all back to the server.
This means the servers plays this out - as such this is not live!
BUT you say, that the remote DJs play it live? How?
And where is now a track is played too short? On the server? or on the remote location of the DJ?

To you other points:
1 How can 1 script result in 2 playlists?
Except the script is called 2 times, in which case it is obvious, that the result is different.
And, I do NOT see, that somewhere 2 tracks are picked from 2 different folders - how should I (or is maybe a script-line skipped due to history, if yes, what script-line are you talking about)?

2 I don't understand

4 I do not understand from where the 2 playlists are comming from (see 1)?
Are they probably from the server and a remote location?
Please clarify, as I don't get your issue here? and how this relates to your initial question? or are we mixing again 2 different unrelated issues?
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 05 Jul 2017 17:58
everybody uses the same formats and to be certain that all music in regulairy played, every dj has to download his show by using RVT and plays it live
This is what I do not understand: RVT typically means you download a playlist from the server incl. the (compressed) files to do your voice overs and the your close the session and upload all back to the server.
This means the servers plays this out - as such this is not live!
BUT you say, that the remote DJs play it live? How?
And where is now a track is played too short? On the server? or on the remote location of the DJ?

To you other points:
1 How can 1 script result in 2 playlists?
Except the script is called 2 times, in which case it is obvious, that the result is different.
And, I do NOT see, that somewhere 2 tracks are picked from 2 different folders - how should I (or is maybe a script-line skipped due to history, if yes, what script-line are you talking about)?

2 I don't understand

4 I do not understand from where the 2 playlists are comming from (see 1)?
Are they probably from the server and a remote location?
Please clarify, as I don't get your issue here? and how this relates to your initial question? or are we mixing again 2 different unrelated issues?
Again, the playlists Together is one playlist. Just look and you can see that it is one playlist, a result from the script.
The one you already saw.
My question was, what might happen?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue here - also so far no other user reported something like this.
So I can only assume, that it must be something local with your audio files or your folders or the way you are working.

That's why we removed the _synced_.pfp (in which the cue-points have been saved) and rebuilded it - after that all was okay.

Maybe a user or process modified this file or maybe your Automatic CuePoint Detection settings (Mixing per Media Type) are incorrect?

So please send me your _synced_.pfp and a sample file which only plays 40 sec. to take a look at.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

OKay, 2 screenshots = 1 playlist - understood.
But what is wrong with it? What has this to do with tracks playing too short?
I just see a script with script-lines, I have no idea what tracks are contained in each media lib.
How should I guess what tracks or order or whatsoever is wrong in your playlist?!
Either you start to explain your issue in must more details or we can simply not continue here... I am not a clairvoyant...
I simply do not see what is wrong with your playlist - so please explain.
I still do not know, if it is the playlist generated on the server or the playlist as transferred to your client?!
And I still do not understand how this related to your post's topic... I am sorry!
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 05 Jul 2017 19:43 OKay, 2 screenshots = 1 playlist - understood.
But what is wrong with it? What has this to do with tracks playing too short?
I just see a script with script-lines, I have no idea what tracks are contained in each media lib.
How should I guess what tracks or order or whatsoever is wrong in your playlist?!
Either you start to explain your issue in must more details or we can simply not continue here... I am not a clairvoyant...
I simply do not see what is wrong with your playlist - so please explain.
I still do not know, if it is the playlist generated on the server or the playlist as transferred to your client?!
And I still do not understand how this related to your post's topic... I am sorry!
Oké, thats fair, i compressed to issues in one topic, i see were you lose your clarity.
First, i will send the files from our dbase who are 40 secs long, and will stop rambling on.
Secondly related to the screenshots, for me thats clear.
The hour opens with a song, it starts with a jingle, that a promo and than the song. The script starts with a song, my question was, how can that happen? I get the point were PF fills the hour with music, but more than one jingle? I ordered by script to take only one instead 2.
I hope you get my point otherwise i'm not able to express the problem.
This playlist is automaticly generated on the server for a VTrecording.
The script worked fine, till now. Nothing changed. But now the script makes his own way. You can see that. Just compare the script with the playlist and you can see the difference. Simply said, the sript doen not do what i've ordered.