Replace playlist in RVT

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Replace playlist in RVT

Post by Bumperke »

Is it possible to change the playlist?
E.g. I download my show from our server. But I'm not satisfied with the playlist. I know I can change the list on the fly. But, Is it also possible to 'ask' the server to refresh the playlist and start with a new one?
Or can I delete the playlist and ask for another one? Reason for that is this.

I'm fixing a morning show and my playlists look pretty much the same, we used your tips concerning rules and regulations but the mix nearly gives the same songs.
Our folders contains more than 200 songs, but we've kept hearing the songs everyday, several times.
The script says: random, no restrictions. I presume it has to play randomly?
Than we've checked the script tester (which by the way is a great tool) and than the playlist looks 100%.
After downloading the new list I find myself disappointed. Nothing has changed and I see much of the same tracks over again. For instance, I love the Eagles, but new kid in town everyday makes me ' shoot' myself. Ahaha.

I guess you advice to look at the video again? We've played it several times. Unfortunately nothing changed.
Maybe I will shoot a video. Just in case?

Is there something we've missed during fineruning PF?

Will
Bumperke
Re: Replace playlist in RVT

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 24 Jul 2017 09:03 No, once the playlist is generated on the server side you cannot trigger its regeneration from the remote client!
You can however re-create the script again on the server side!
Or you can add new tracks on your remote location (which would then be uploaded to the server as needed).

Note, that a day has 1440 minutes (24 * 60).
If the average length of your tracks is between 3 and 4 minutes, that makes (200 * 3.5) = 700 minutes.
As such, sure, tracks will repeat over time - in average each track will be played at least twice a day!

Also note (as explained in the video) that 'Random' means really random, i.e. repeats are allows, as such various tracks might play even 3 or 4 times a day.
In the video I also suggested to maybe mix the Random mode with the LeastTimesPlayed mode - have you tried that?

It now also all depends on your global history settings - how big are these (have you enabled an additional Album or Artist check? and are all your audio files properly tagged?, e.g. if you did not maintain you Album and Artist tags properly, this might cause issues - e.g. try to disable the additional Album check by settings both values to 0) and are you also using any script or media lib history?
If yes, please post all your settings here...
Please also tell me your exact version you are using.
We use the most recent version, cause we read the post with the bug from Bo98A. First I will look into the tag issue again. i guess that's fair. Thxs
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

Version 4.0.3.49. I will, however check the latest version today. We do understand that that specific amount of track can be repeated, but it also happens when folders contain more than 700 songs. But first, let get into the latest version issue. It might be solved than.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 24 Jul 2017 10:04 Note, that you now also leverage the new 'Test Script' feature - this will tell you exactly what is happening, especially with your history settings. Have you tried that already?
Some time @ the end of the day, i'll keep you posted
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, once the playlist is generated on the server side you cannot trigger its regeneration from the remote client!
You can however re-create the script again on the server side!
Or you can add new tracks on your remote location (which would then be uploaded to the server as needed).

Note, that a day has 1440 minutes (24 * 60).
If the average length of your tracks is between 3 and 4 minutes, that makes (200 * 3.5) = 700 minutes.
As such, sure, tracks will repeat over time - in average each track will be played at least twice a day!

Also note (as explained in the video) that 'Random' means really random, i.e. repeats are allows, as such various tracks might play even 3 or 4 times a day.
In the video I also suggested to maybe mix the Random mode with the LeastTimesPlayed mode - have you tried that?

It now also all depends on your global history settings - how big are these (have you enabled an additional Album or Artist check? and are all your audio files properly tagged?, e.g. if you did not maintain you Album and Artist tags properly, this might cause issues - e.g. try to disable the additional Album check by settings both values to 0) and are you also using any script or media lib history?
If yes, please post all your settings here...
Please also tell me your exact version you are using.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What exactly is most recent, please tell me the exact version number - is it the v4.0.3.54?

What about the pure number facts: as explained, with only 200 tracks you will always experience, that each track is at least repeated twice a day and some even more...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Note, that you now also leverage the new 'Test Script' feature - this will tell you exactly what is happening, especially with your history settings. Have you tried that already?
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 24 Jul 2017 10:04 Note, that you now also leverage the new 'Test Script' feature - this will tell you exactly what is happening, especially with your history settings. Have you tried that already?
Bernd.
Since the newest update, latest version we've experienced no further problems for the moment. However, i will monitoring the system during the next days. And to be honest, I think it's a good thing to looking into our music base. Perhaps more consistent tagging can solve a lot of problems as well.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

OKi, let me know!