Multi casting with in on air

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bebo_saed
Multi casting with in on air

Post by bebo_saed »

Hello Bernd,

we are using PFOA to stream our radio station over a certain city, now we will rebroadcast the same stream to another city but in a different frequency and we don't wont to announce two different frequencies in our AIR Stream so what i'm thinking of and what i want you to help me out is:

We will have two stream outputs one is for City A and one is for City B both are taking audio from the same playlist, what i want to do is when a certain file type is played (Jingles Or Radio Promo) i want to stream on Stream A it's assigned file with a freq and Stream B is to play another file the same in duration but with different frequency announcement and when it finishes, both stream will play the same source again.

Please advice.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Multi casting with in on air

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx comes with a Multi-Region concept and features for Advertising and News, which is explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1744

But ProppFrexx currently has no support for playing individual region specific and small Jingles in parallel on different sound cards resp. channels. The reason is, that this concept is not really scalable, e.g. assume you want to serve 10 different cities... at some point doing all this will not work on a single PC/instance.

You might still try to use and leverage the above mentioned concept, as you can also plan and manage your Jingles as Advert-Campaigns or News. I am still not sure, if this will cause any trouble as your Jingles might only be a very few seconds long.

However, maybe you can use generic (city independent) Jingles in your regular program and use city/region specific Jingles with your Advert and News playout; e.g. play the region specific Jingles as part of your Advert- and News-Block e.g. at the beginning and/or end.