Question About Jingle Scheduling...

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
richie
Question About Jingle Scheduling...

Post by richie »

Hi all, im new on ProppFrexx, im trying the demo to test if it better than mAirlist from where i come from....i have some difficult to understand/getting working with Scheduling a Simple Music/Jingle/Music sequence using scripting restriction on songs and jingles.

Let me explain:

I have a Library with just a Music & Jingle category....in the Jingle one, i have some jingles, but i want to that some of them will not be used in the Scheduling Scripting, so i tryed to setting on these jingles files trough Edit TAG @ the Scripting Restrictions rules (track will NOT picked when..) but seems not working...
for example i setup for jingle xxx1, times of day 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 and selected all days of week, supposing that this will inhibit Program to pick this Jingle in my Music script, but it do not.

My simple Scheduling Script is composed by

Line 1 Random (mode) , Jingle (Category), 1 (count), SupperssHistoryCheck (options)
Line 2 Random (mode), Music (Category), 1 (count),

Well when i test the script, i see the jingle xxx1 picked up anyway even if i setup the scripting restrictions....

I do something wrong or missed something? Maybe in the demo/trial version, restrictions are not working?

Pls isomeone could help me to get it working?

Regards
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Question About Jingle Scheduling...

Post by radio42 »

You probably have NOT saved the restrictions correctly. In order to permanently save them to the audio files TAG data, you need to also press the 'Save Meta Data TAG' within the TAG Editor dialog.

Here are 2 alternative ways (instead of using track restrictions):

However, a much simple and more reliable way is to create a dedicated Jingle media or cartwall library, which only contains the needed tracks. E.g. you might create a playlist file (.pfp) and only add those Jingles to it, which you want to scheduler. Then save this .pfp playlist and use this playlist as a playlist based media library.
I assume you currently only use folder based media libs.

Another (also more simple) option is to use a standard TAG field, e.g. the 'Grouping' field.
E.g. specify with all Jingles you want to schedule the Grouping field to the value 'Schedule'. - but leave the Grouping field empty for those Jingles you don't want to schedule.
In the Jingle script-line you can now specify a 'Filter', e.g. 'g:Schedule' or '~Contains([Grouping], 'Schedule')'.
This Filter select only those entries from your lib, which has a Grouping field value containing the value Schedule.
richie

Post by richie »

Hi, thank for your fastest reply also if you iare in Holiday :).....well let me understand, to get restriction working i have to save simply the TAG data into the file, or i need to Save the Meta data file instead or both?

Anyway, can you post a simple Music Script To have a sequence with Music/Jingle/Music running 24/7 with Script Restriction working used like a Simply Daypart rules for some Jingles and/or music songs?
richie

Post by richie »

Ok, i clicked on both "Save" & "Save meta data Tag" on the target files, and now seems working great, the test scripting return a playlist without the restricted jingle scheduled!

Thanks man for help.

Would Be usefull for all the beginner users like me that are not yet confidence with Scripting in PropFrexx to have some Predefined/Example Scripts included with Demo/trial so that we can start from it to understand how to.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You only need to save to either the TAG or the .pfmd files, but not both.

As a rule of thumb:
Everything on the first tab in the TAG Editor are standard tags and will be saved directly when you simply click the 'Save' button.
All data on the other tabs in the TAG Editor will only be saved when you click on one of the 'Save Meta Data...' buttons.

Sample scripts are hard to provide, as they rely on existing media libs... therefore I provided various tutorial videos.
richie

Post by richie »

Ok thanks for explanation...i tryed to read PDF manual, but it miss a lot of information like this one...or maybe i didnt read it with attention :D...however ProppFrexx is really powerfull because of many personalization e lot of scripting rules exception/option, but needed to know/understand and how all of then are influencing/working....i think i have a lot to understand to get ProppFrexx working as i got mAirlist until now :P