Macro that matches overlay's "title update" setting

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bo98A
Macro that matches overlay's "title update" setting

Post by Bo98A »

I am sending metadata myself using Streaming.OnSongTitleChanged, but "${trackname}" does not use the "title updates" setting of an overlay (I'm using embedded containers). Is there a macro that follows an overlay's "title updates" option?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Macro that matches overlay's "title update" setting

Post by radio42 »

The macro can as well be used. I am not sure what exactly is not working.
Can you explain a bit more in detail what exactly is not working. And what your exact overlay settings you are using?
Note that in the general settings there is also a setting to resolve the container entries itself for the song title updates. Have enabled that?
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

I'm using a news overlay with title updates set to "Use Overlay Description". It doesn't seem to even call the OnSongTitleChanged event in this case?

For ad overlays I'm using "Use Campaign Name" but ${trackname} returns the track name.

"Use Embedded Container Tracks" is enabled.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The Song-Title-Update functions (especially the ones you define in the overlay, eg. the 'Use Overlay Description' or 'Use Campaign Name') are designed to change the song title send to the streaming servers accordingly (as defined and used in the Network Streaming Monitor) - and this is what they are actually also doing.
They do however not change the media entry tags of any related media entries, also not of embedded container entries.

Therefore the ${trackname} macro still resolves to the original trackname and not to the mapped songtitle.
That you are not 'seeing' any OnSongTitleChanged events being triggered must have a different reason. I just tested it here and it triggered the event just fine.
Maybe you set an exclude filter for this entry type?

However, I just checked my code. In a future version I might indeed map the ${trackname} macro for the OnSongTitleChanged event to the effective song title used.
In addition I might add a new ${streaminglastsongtitle} macro as well, as this is indeed missing so far.
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

radio42 wrote: 08 Sep 2017 23:42 That you are not 'seeing' any OnSongTitleChanged events being triggered must have a different reason. I just tested it here and it triggered the event just fine.
Maybe you set an exclude filter for this entry type?
Ah, since I was thinking about a broad "overlay description" update, I forgot to consider the media type of the overlay tracks! Indeed, I had an "intro" excluded from song title updates, but I also use it for the news intro. I'll change the media type to something else and see how it goes.
radio42 wrote: 08 Sep 2017 23:42 However, I just checked my code. In a future version I might indeed map the ${trackname} macro for the OnSongTitleChanged event to the effective song title used.
In addition I might add a new ${streaminglastsongtitle} macro as well, as this is indeed missing so far.
That would be great, thanks!