Schedule

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
adegarde
Schedule

Post by adegarde »

Dear forum members, I'm also playing with proppfrexx but running a problem concerns scheduling programs in schedule. I planned 1 playlist that played a neat network every hour. Scheduled in schedule as no end date. Now I want to schedule another playlist every Sunday evening from 21:00 to 00:00. Now I would like to know if I have to put it apart separately for each sunday night, or can schedule it in a certain way so that it automatically program itself on every sunday evening. I would like to hear your comments.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Schedule

Post by radio42 »

I assume you meant 'you scheduled a script resp. program' and not a 'playlist' ?
However,
Yes, each different program should be represented by its own entry in the program scheduler.

So you simply need to change you program scheduler entries accordingly.
I guess you are just a bit confused, since so far you only used 1 single entry and set it's recurrence to 'every 1 hour'?
But now you would have to entry a lot more entries, as now you need to cover all the days and hours yourself.
Yes, this is true.
But when you are planning hourly programs anyhow, I would always suggest to start with 24 different/separate program entries.

You might for example now define the first 20 hours (00:00, 01:00, ... 20:00) as a 'Weekly' recurrence and set them to repeat every 'Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday' - as such, they repeat every day.

While you define your last hours (21:00, 22:00 and 23:00) as a 'Weekly' recurrence and set them to repeat every 'Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday' - as such, they repeat every day except Sunday!

Now you'll see, that you have a empty area within your scheduler exactly on Sunday between 21:00 and 00:00.
Here you can now create your new program.
adegarde
Re: Schedule

Post by adegarde »

Thanks I Try