Stream Deck Integration

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
Stream Deck Integration

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd, I'm about to test this little toy in the next days https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck (will get it on monday) do you think a full integration of the remote capabilities (especialy for information return to change the button state) is possible?

It seems to be a more "broadcast oriented" than any midi pad controllers.
SiriusRadio
Re: Stream Deck Integration

Post by SiriusRadio »

Hi MoogWill, will you keep us posted and update? Guess there will be more people interested.
Thxs in advance
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

thanks, indeed regarding this, it must be possible ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmZpphZ ... e=youtu.be.

I think physical buttons with those little srceens giving information back is the perfect hybrid solution for radio and broadcasting.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

@SiriusRadio for sure, will try to give here a full feedback ;)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I have no idea, as I have not seen any API specs for this device; but if it supports everything via standard available interfaces which ProppFrexx supports, like MIDI or OSC or simply hotkeys, than yes; else (if it only comes with a proprietary API) no.
From the docs I guess you can only assign a fixed image/gif per key, but there is no dynamic feedback to the key images (ie. they cannot be changed once programmed).
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

moogwill wrote: 07 Oct 2017 11:47 @SiriusRadio for sure, will try to give here a full feedback ;)
Thxs gentlemen :D
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

as promised, here's a first feedback about Streamdeck:

First: I souldn't have called this "A Toy" cause it's definitely not, itss quiet heavy made of nice quality metal. can be easily iontegrated in a panel with a simple little hole. The only thing I don't like is that the usb cable is attached to the device (that means you can't change it for a longer or a new one)

Next: about use, it's really interesting, easy to configure, but except for a few dedicated software that got's some feedback states (OBS, Xsplit, twitch...) it's only keystrokes, but it does the job anyway, you can set a create your icons, menu's etc.. for proppfrexx fonctions you can then create any commands that allready got a dedicated keystroke shortcut (means for cartwalls You'll have to create those in PF).

Streamdeck Is a nice and useful tool, and can even become more if it goes midi or api integrated to PF in the future. Let's hope it goes this way ;-)
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

For sure about midi, then for an api integration I don't know what will be possible to do I heard about SDK in the early future.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

For Sure Let's wait a bit, I'm sure this won't be long ...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I would better wait for some standard, like MIDI or OSC or Ember+ or Livewire+ which is already supported by ProppFrexx , as I don’t want to implement hundred of proprietary APIs by various hardware.