audio inputs as triggers

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
audio inputs as triggers

Post by moogwill »

Hi, Is there a way to use audio inputs to trigger something (Something like reversed silence detection)?
I'd like to switch some scenes of my video switcher By the mic inputs.
For example let's assume there's 4 mic inputs from an ASIO soundcard, and 2 or 3 cameras with some dedicated scenes using zoom, pan & tilt positions for each Mic. I'd like to send a keystroke to my video switcher remote software using the same computer each time someone is speaking in the microphone.
it's quiet easy to switch to a scene from the start buttons of airence mic channels, but unfortunately once it's done, it won't do auto switch between all microphones.

thanks.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: audio inputs as triggers

Post by radio42 »

I do not know what you understand as 'reversed silence detection' - but there is a dedicated silence detection for each mixer channel available.
Make a right-click on each mixer channel name and select the 'Edit Control Command Events...' menu item.
In there you'll find two events called: 'OnSilence' and 'OnNoise'. Note, that you need to check the 'Enable Silence Detection' option for that mixer channel in its configuration.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I think on noise, is just what i need. thanks
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I just tried the on noise function on an input channel to trigger my video switch but it didn't work. Silence detection is enabled but nothing happens when noise comes in. the sysex message is correct I can see the switcher changing when I test it, any clue or idea of what is going wrong?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It is working for sure, as many users are using it. So probably you might have something not correctly configured. Please also see the settings in the general settings, section Mixing/Fading.

And maybe you use the SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW first during testing, to be sure.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Will retry this in the afternoon, Except enabling silence detection in the audio mixer channel, is there another specific option that can affect the result?
In the general settings mixing/fading does the level of silence detection makes the same diffefrence in the "OnNoise" function?
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

the main settings was the solution: highest level and shorter time... work now as it supposed to ;)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

OnNoise is only triggered once silence was detected. Thus yes.