32 bit or 64 bit version

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
mark62
32 bit or 64 bit version

Post by mark62 »

Hello,
When I downloaded the 64 bit trial version and start up the programm I get an error after about 10 seconds. Because I could not solve this problem I tried the 32 bit version. This is working perfect. And after great support from Bernd (via email) I got some other functions also working. So I'm going to purchase a license (premium version non commercial) next week.
My question is do I miss something important if I go on with the 32 bit instead of 64?

I use windows 10 64 bit.

Thanks and regards Mark Hermans
radio42
Site Admin
Re: 32 bit or 64 bit version

Post by radio42 »

The 'only' difference is, that the 64-bit version can address more memory AND uses 64-bit 3rd-party libraries (e.g. your soundcard drivers, VST DSPs etc.).
So this question can NOT be answered in general. E.g.:
- if you are using very large media libraries with thousands and thousands of tracks, I would recommend the 64-bit version
- but if you are in need of using a certain VST DSP, for which only a 32-bit version exists, you must go with the 32-bit version

Else than that, there is absolutly NO difference between the 32- and 64-bit version.

And if I would need to answer in general, I would say: nowadays everyone should be on 64-bit!
mark62

Post by mark62 »

Thanks for your quick answer Bernd.
So I think 32 will be good for me. Do you have any idea what could cause the error I get with the 64 version?
The programm shuts down after about 10 seconds.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, but if it shuts down automatically, it might be either that you are using an invalid/deactivated or hacked license key.
In all other cases, ie. when it is a real error, it should either be recorded to the file called "Error.log" as contained in your ProppFrexx ONAIR AppDataUser folder; or in your Windows Event Message log. Please see both to see, if you find anything.
mark62

Post by mark62 »

Ok Thx I will look next week when I'm back home.

Sunny greetings from Crete
mark62

Post by mark62 »

Hello Bernd,
Yesterday I downloaded the 64 bit edition and it worked! So I ordered the premium edition and got all the license keys.

Thanks for your great support so far. I'm going to enjoy this great programm!

Greetings Mark