best setup for simple voicetrack sessions?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
SiriusRadio
best setup for simple voicetrack sessions?

Post by SiriusRadio »

Anyone?

We are discussing what might be the best setup to voicetrack if there is any budget.
We know we need a €99,00 license, what else do we need to:

I3 computer win10.
1 input for mic
A pfl to hear in and outro's
Cartwall for beds and fillers

What are the specs, do you know?
Will
radio42
Site Admin
Re: best setup for simple voicetrack sessions?

Post by radio42 »

I fully understand. I am also a small personal company, which is trying to make a living out of the income of this project.
As such, I am not a big company making loads of money, as such, I cannot afford to give away the software for free.

All of you describe is one of the reasons, why I am offering a non-commercial version for a very low price.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Voice Tracking is supported starting with the Professional Edition!
So when you refer to 99Euro this is NOT correct.
Please see here:
http://proppfrexx.radio42.com/editions.html

All the rest depends how quality you will go. Eg your MIC, your soundcard etc.
I don’t understand the sense of this question.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 17 Oct 2017 17:28 Voice Tracking is supported starting with the Professional Edition!
So when you refer to 99Euro this is NOT correct.
Please see here:
http://proppfrexx.radio42.com/editions.html

All the rest depends how quality you will go. Eg your MIC, your soundcard etc.
I don’t understand the sense of this question.
If i am correct, there is, or was, a license to create only vt for non profesional purpose.
Several night djs asked of this was possible from there homestudio. we don't purchese the licenses. They do.
But if i'm wrong, than i'm wrong :D
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe you are talking about Remote Voice Tracking?
Remote Voice Tracking is indeed already be allowed starting with the Basic Edition (even if I recommend using the Premium Edition, as otherwise the Segue Editor is not available).

However, the classic and stand-along Voice Tracking is only supported starting with the Professional Edition.

I don't know what you are talking about? But in your initial post you just mentioned the simple Voice Tracking.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 19 Oct 2017 09:23 Maybe you are talking about Remote Voice Tracking?
Remote Voice Tracking is indeed already be allowed starting with the Basic Edition (even if I recommend using the Premium Edition, as otherwise the Segue Editor is not available).

However, the classic and stand-along Voice Tracking is only supported starting with the Professional Edition.

I don't know what you are talking about? But in your initial post you just mentioned the simple Voice Tracking.
Young dudes do want to make radioshows but just don’t have the money to invest. So the RVT gives them the possibility to make radio shows. Start using PF will give them a chance to experience. And if this is what they want, they can always switch to any update later I guess.
I however don’t quiet understand “ the classic and stand-along Voice Tracking is only supported starting with the Professional Edition”.

Are you talking about the server -client situation? If so, we do have an enterprise version on the server side. Otherwise I don’t get you’re answer!
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

I do get your point, a lot of people purchased but some people not. I do have one example.
The boy has an 3 year old computer with onboard sounds and one extra behringer sound card USB.
We provided him with an sennheiser s58. That’s it, personal situation is bad. Living with his mom. No budget for anything. These are real situations. We are are local station with a small budget and always are browsing opportunities to make radio available for everybody. That is the exact reason to search for small budget solutions.
I’m not asking for anything, only answers. I hope you do understand.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I’m talking about Remote Voice Tracking, which always requires an Enterprise server to be available.

And I partially disagree with your statement, that they simply don’t have the money. Funny enough, that they still have the money to purchase all the required hardware, which cost quite some money, typically much over 1000Euro. So they have money to purchase the PC, the soundcard, the microphone etc. - all this is never put in question. Just software is often considered as too expensive?!
This is what I don’t understand.