Change items on the fly

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Change items on the fly

Post by Bumperke »

I know, it is a bad subject tittle, But i hope i can explain my meaning.

We use the RVT a lot and we are very happy How it’s working. First let me explain the now situation. A lot of users working ‘in the future’, they already have voicetracked there shows for next week. Things can change during this time. So I do have a question.

We have a folder with information items. The voicetracker loads a playlist and gets 2-3 information blocks in the show. But by the time the show is on air the item is already expand. We clean up the folders daily and keep them up to date.
In reality the deleted item will not be played.
How can I be sure that proppfrexx picks another item instead of the deleted one? Another folder has station info! Tv info, which change every single day. Here we do have the same wish.
Finally, can we give these items special colors? I know I can change the icons, but an extra color should be nice. Than the host knows there’s something special about the track.

Will
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Change items on the fly

Post by radio42 »

How exactly do you currently schedule these folder items? I assume via some direct Random script lines? Ie. these script lines will be resolved into playlist entry items at the time you start the RVT session.

What you might do is write an extra script which only resolves these folder items (even if that script only contains one single script line in the end).
The reason now for this extra script is, that you might now use the ‘Container’ script line mode using that new/extra script. When you now use this ‘Container’ script line within your main script and replace your previous script line, you end up generating a so called dynamic embedded contained when you do RVT.
This means, that instead of effectively resolved folder tracks, a dynamic container entry is resolved.
Dynamic container entries will be resolved (dynamically) when loaded to a DJ Player for playout, but stay as a pure embedded container within the playlist.
So it might be, that these dynamic containers might NOT be resolved on the remote client side, but they stay dynamic.

So just try the ‘Container’ script line mode and see how this goes.