music coding

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Ahmed Saied
music coding

Post by Ahmed Saied »

Hi,
I need to know how I can tag any track by code which explain that track then give proppfrexx that code instead of put many Num of media library, and how will the prog understand this
radio42
Site Admin
Re: music coding

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain a bit in detail what "code" you want to put in?
However, you can either use the TAG Editor (press ALT+3 almost everywhere when you selected a track) or the extra Tagger application with comes with the installation to edit all the meta data.

See here for a list of support meta data TAGs: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... hp?f=9&t=7

E.g. you can specify the "EntryType", "Grouping", "Style", "Mood", "Comment", "Genre" etc. properties.
Make sure (once you edited a track) to the click on the "Save MetaData TAGs" button to persistently save the modified values.

You can then use Filter Criteria (e.g. in your scripts) to pick certain tracks matching any of your meta data.
See here for details: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... hp?f=9&t=9
Ahmed Saied

Post by Ahmed Saied »

I know metadata tags , but I want to tag any track by code which explain that track
for example "A2H3" which :
A : Refer to Adele (Artist)
2 : Refer to slow jam (Genre)
H : Refer to Happy (Mood)
3 : Refer to Lyrics , and so on , how I can do that and how will the prog understand this ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, you can put this own 'code' for example into the 'Comment' or 'Grouping' or any other field - I don't understand the question.
The program (ProppFrexx) will of course not directly understand 'your code' (as nobody and no program will automatically understand it) - but you can use your code for example in the Filter Criteria as explained in my post above.

However, I don't even understand what benefit your code should actually bring. Instead of using one 'funky code', you can better use the individual fields by it alone ;-)
E.g. you can directly specify and use the fields separately (Artist, Genre, Mood, Lyrics etc.) even in your Filter Criterials, e.g. you can use the Filter to specify things like:
GIVE ME ALL tracks matching the following:
- 'Artist'' must start with 'A'
AND
- 'Genre' must contain 'Slow Jam'
AND
- 'Mood' must be equal to 'Happy'

Any logical combination of any meta data field is possible in ProppFrexx - so there is not even the need or advantage to use any such 'code'.