Mega Playlist

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Mega Playlist

Post by Bumperke »

I guess this is the place.
We want to broadcast a list of 1000 chosen records. Our team voicetrackers needs to have the list available.
Let’s start with drawing the ‘now’ situation.
The records are in one folder, 1000records, at my home studio. I will upload them to the server by the time I’m ready with my playlist. I want to make playlists and save them in a sub folder, 1000records/playlists.
I know I have to make one more step to connect the songs to assign them to the database.
I want to work at home and make sure that all these song will be available in the hours we’ve planned.
What might be the best thing to do?

I will create a new playlist, load all records, sweepers, jingles etc and save them as a pf file? Load it to the scheduler on that day and hour? Problem is that I need to create a database folder and script for every Hout since they need to be available for voice tracking. Or is there a better way to do so?

I like the work to be as simple as possible. Do you think this is the best way to work?

I’m curious which way to go?
Thxs in advance
Will :idea:
Bumperke
Re: Mega Playlist

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 25 Nov 2017 09:43 Now you can create your pre-defined playlists on this main PC as well and schedule them as needed.
I pre-define the list at home, every hour is already planned. Of course I can number all tracks but that is a lot of extra work. I guess the workflow will be different?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don't understand what you mean. What do you mean by "...number all tracks..." - I don't understand why this would be needed?
Maybe it is not clear to me what you want?!
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

We made a hotlist from 1000 track. Start with number 1000 and end with number 1. That's it :)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sounds like a normal playlist. How do you want to play it? Sequentially in one go or in multiple parts?
I still don't fully understand your issue?!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can create a media library (eg. a playlist based) and define this on your main broadcasting PC (let’s call this the server or main).
Now you can create your pre-defined playlists on this main PC as well and schedule them as needed.
As all is now on your main server, your DJs can simply start Remote Voice Tracking. By doing so the tracks/playlists are transferred to each remote PC anyhow.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 25 Nov 2017 12:47 Sounds like a normal playlist. How do you want to play it? Sequentially in one go or in multiple parts?
I still don't fully understand your issue?!
I will try to explain

We've selected 1000 tacks and would like to play them between xmas and new year. very imprtant to know is that these songs are not numbered, and they don't need to.
The hours are 07.00 - 19.00. I must be sure the schedular plays every song once.
Basicly thats the question :)
What might be the best procedure?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Create a media lib using these 1000 tracks and then use a script and use the script-line mode 'Sequential'.
And make sure, that your do NOT reload the library in between, as this would reset the sequential track pointer internally.
Else (if you cannot guarantee this), you can alternatively use the script-line mode 'LeastTimesPlayed'.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

I tested that, but this is not working. I guess i'll have to produce 80 playlists -)

EDIT: if i ceate playlists on my ProppFrexx computer and save all files, am i able to load them on another PF enterprise system?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Why wouldn't that work? I just tested it here and it worked totally fine.
Please describe how you have tested it?! I must assume you did something somewhere wrong or you didn't test it correctly.

Yes you can, assuming the paths of the tracks exist in the same way on the other system.