The simplesest way to program a PF playlist

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
SiriusRadio
The simplesest way to program a PF playlist

Post by SiriusRadio »

We made several Proppflexx playlists for Xmas.
I have 2 questions concerning that.
1. How can we program them in the scheduler
2. can we make these playlists also compatible or voicetracking, or do we need to build a script?
We've numbered the playlists from 1 till 48 ( after all there are two xmas days right :)?)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: The simplesest way to program a PF playlist

Post by radio42 »

As each program requires a script to be executed, you just use a simply script per playlist using the 'LoadPlaylist' script-line mode.
And yes, you should also be able to RVT these programs.
SiriusRadio

Post by SiriusRadio »

Than do i have to produce at least 48 scripts, since every playlist has another name?

EDIT: i made one script. Use it every time, now i have to adjust the playlist name every time.And i have to remane the script. Is this the way? :cry: No other way?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That depends a bit on how you named your playlist files.
Eg. you might think of using a macro in your LoadPlaylist script-line entry name, e.g.:
${start_HH} or ${start_dd} etc.
Or use the ${programname} macro resp. the ${programdescription}, ${programdesc1}, ${programdesc2} or ${programdesc3} macro?!

However, the way you have described it is also possible.
But why do you need to rename the script?
I guess in that case you can also just edit the single LoadPlaylist script-line after one playout and keep the script name as is and assign it to all your 48 programs?

Another option is to always use the same script and reference a fixed playlist name and just rename the effective playlist accordingly.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

I’m sure you mean well and i appreciate your effort but this sound like real Chinese to me. I guess this is ten steps to high🤗. Is there ProppFrexx for dummy’s? Hahaha, Im guessing to much of a challenge for me :).
Eric.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Okay, I try to make it as simple as possible.
(to explain the macro solution)...

Assume your playlists are named „Xmas-1.pfp“, „Xmas-2.pfp“ etc.

You can now create a single script using a script-line with an entry like this:
LoadPlaylist, C:\xmaspls\Xmas-${programdesc1}.pfp

When you now create your 48 program scheduler entries, you can always use this single script.
But in the field program description you specify the number of the playlist to play; eg. 1.

The related ${programdesc1} macro will then use this description value given and replace it in the script-line entry.
This way only a single script is needed and your Xmas playlist number is resolved dynamics.

Hope this is now more clear.
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

Or you simply create one large playlist and load this huge playlist once in one script while your program is running 2 days?
SiriusRadio

Post by SiriusRadio »

radio42 wrote: 11 Dec 2017 23:23 Okay, I try to make it as simple as possible.
(to explain the macro solution)...

Assume your playlists are named „Xmas-1.pfp“, „Xmas-2.pfp“ etc.

You can now create a single script using a script-line with an entry like this:
LoadPlaylist, C:\xmaspls\Xmas-${programdesc1}.pfp

When you now create your 48 program scheduler entries, you can always use this single script.
But in the field program description you specify the number of the playlist to play; eg. 1.

The related ${programdesc1} macro will then use this description value given and replace it in the script-line entry.
This way only a single script is needed and your Xmas playlist number is resolved dynamics.

Hope this is now more clear.
This is the scriptline now; c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\1.pfp
There are 50 playlists, numbered from 1 till 50.
If i'm right, i need to write this into the entry scriptline. And i write: c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\1-${programdesc1}.pfp Is that correct?
SiriusRadio

Post by SiriusRadio »

This is what PF shows if i would like to test the script.

12-12-2017 14:40:43: Script Test started for : BASICSCRIPT KERST
12-12-2017 14:40:43: Processing Script-Line 1 (Retries=200): 1 LoadPlaylist : c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\${programdesc1}.pfp (Filter=, Options=SuppressHistoryCheck)
12-12-2017 14:40:43: TryResolveBrokenEntry BrokenEntry could not be resolved: c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\.pfp
12-12-2017 14:40:43: Script-Line 1: failed to load playlist (c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\.pfp)
12-12-2017 14:40:43: GetNextTracks processed, 0 script result entries returned.
12-12-2017 14:40:43: Processing Script-Line 1 (Retries=200): 1 LoadPlaylist : c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\${programdesc1}.pfp (Filter=, Options=SuppressHistoryCheck)
12-12-2017 14:40:43: TryResolveBrokenEntry BrokenEntry could not be resolved: c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\.pfp
12-12-2017 14:40:43: Script-Line 1: failed to load playlist (c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\.pfp)

It seems that there is an broken entry?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, it will be:

Code: Select all

c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\${programdesc1}.pfp
Remember, the ${programdesc1} will be replaced at runtime with the 1st line of the program description.
Eg. when you type in 1 into the program description, the above will be resolved to:

c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\1.pfp
And when you type in 17 into the program description, the above will be resolved to:

c:\KERSTMUZIEK\PLAYLIJSTEN\17.pfp