unable to drag to playlist

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: unable to drag to playlist

Post by radio42 »

Any News?
makenote3

Post by makenote3 »

Hi Bernd, I’ve run the latest update and all Windows updates but still getting the same result. I have to get permission from my manager for the teamviewer session. I’m in Darwin Australia so I also need to know when is a good time for you to dial in so I can calculate when to be there at the machine.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you please check your Global History settings...

Go to the general settings, section 'Logging/History' and click on the 'More...' button in the Global Histories group.
Then please check, if the “Check Global History” option is set to something else than ‘Never’.
CheckGlobalHistory.jpg

Check Global History: (Check Global History)
Select if tracks manually added to a playlist should be checked against the global song history.
None: Tracks manually added will never be checked.
Only At AutoPlay: Tracks manually added will only be checked if AutoPlay is ON.
Only At Scripting: Tracks manually added will only be checked if the resp. playlist is currently running in scripting mode.
Always: Tracks manually added will always be checked.
makenote3

Post by makenote3 »

Hi Bernd, yes it’s set to ‘never’.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then there must be some other system related issue, which is outside of ProppFrexx. I now tested it on 10 different systems even with various other customers and could not reproduce the issue.
Not sure what it might be - and if we are able to resolve it in a TeamViewer session?

However, I am located in Germany (CET timezone; so you are +8:30h ahead) - a good time would be early in the morning my time (e.g. 8:30am) which is then late afternoon your time (5:00pm)
makenote3

Post by makenote3 »

Hmmm, as far as I know the systems are setup identically and are dedicated machines for each station. There's no other software installed except a soft-phone that's linked to the ProppFrexx mixer via a virtual audio cable. I'll double check the preferences. I'll be away for the next 48 hours so I may not have more info until I return.
Thanks for your persistence.
rbsradio

Post by rbsradio »

same problem here with the new version. 4.2.7.6 that i just install. with 4.7.0 i had this issue not.
VERY ANNOYING
rbsradio

Post by rbsradio »

i delete the layout, restart but no solution. Stil can't drag en drop from Windows explorer.
I can drag and drop from directory explorer, that works but we don't work like that. The djs are use to drag and drop from windows explorer.

UAC is disabled: no solution
UAS is elevated : no solution
rbsradio

Post by rbsradio »

SOLUTION:

disable the UAC in Windows user account did not work.
So we fired the registry editor and saw that is still enabled after the reboot ;-)

To do:
Open Windows Registry : Start > run> type regedit.
Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. ...
In the right pane, modify the value of the EnableLUA DWORD value to 0: ...
Restart your computer.

And drag and drop is working AGAIN.

Note: A computer with no troubles is not running Windows.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

On my test machines, the value (EnableLUA) is set to 1 (0x00000001) - and it works just fine. I am using the latest Win11 version.
So I guess it must be related to something else as well set on your machine. But good, that it is working again fine on your PC.