maniual changes RVT

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
maniual changes RVT

Post by moogwill »

Someone's asking me here why it he can't do changes in playlist anymore while RVT.
I just tried from server side, generated playlists changes are easy (order or manual adds) But He just showed me his side, and there's no way to move any tracks in the playlist.
did something changed??
radio42
Site Admin
Re: maniual changes RVT

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for the video.
Unfortunately I can show you a video where it is absolutely possible to drag tracks - I even double checked with various other customers - and dragging tracks to another position was of possible.
So the issue must be very specific to your setup. Let me therefore ask a few questions:
a) what exact license and version are you using?
b) have you enabled UAC (see general settings, section 'More Stuff')? and if yes, what are your user group rights settings?
c) Can you try to use the key combination ALT+ArrowKey-Up/Down? Is that working?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure what you mean.
During a RVT session you can of course change anything in the playlist. Incl. moving tracks in the playlist.
Once a RVT session was uploaded to the server, you would need to start the RVT session again (download it again) and then you can make changes again.
So there is no limit.

Please describe in greater detail what exactly you think is not working?!
Tintin513

Post by Tintin513 »

Hello ! I am the friend with the problem ;-)
So I recorded a small video to show you what's the issue :

https://youtu.be/Lyief0NAP6k (watch in hd)

@radio42
Tintin513

Post by Tintin513 »

Well I believe you, because a few days ago it was still possible for me to do so! And nothing has changed in my setup so far :/

a) I am using the demo version to record distance RVT, and my version is up to date!
b) UAC is not enabled
c) This combination is only selecting the track from up to down, but not moving it :(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ohh sorry, the key-combo is: ALT+SHIFT+ArrowKey-Up/Down!
Tintin513

Post by Tintin513 »

Ok so this command is working ! but still not working when I do it with the mouse!
Tintin513

Post by Tintin513 »

Oh, and also! I cannot drag & drop a track from my computer to the session anymore, I can only do it by Copy/Paste the track and not drag it
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So that sounds like Drag&Drop is not working in general than!
I currently have no intermediate solution for you, as it looks, like there seems to be some issues on your particular system. Most probably it is an OS or .Net installation issue; but I don't know ... as you are currently the only single customer where it is not working.
So I probably would have to send you some very specific test tools to figure out what is wrong on your system.
Give me some time do develop such test tools... and maybe in between (if you have the possibility) you might test it on another PC/machine.
Tintin513

Post by Tintin513 »

Sure! Thank anyway for the help so far, I might try to re-install the program as well ?